PDA

View Full Version : L112 Midrange wires

Ozzie Fior
06-24-2008, 11:05 PM
I need to remove the midrange wires in one L112 cabinet. The wires go through a hole drilled in the back of the driver chamber, which is sealed with what looks like hot melt glue. Any ideas on how to remove the glue so I can pul the wires? I thought of applying heat with a heat gun, but I am afraid of damaging the wires. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks,

Ozzie

John
06-24-2008, 11:39 PM
I need to remove the midrange wires in one L112 cabinet. The wires go through a hole drilled in the back of the driver chamber, which is sealed with what looks like hot melt glue. Any ideas on how to remove the glue so I can pul the wires? I thought of applying heat with a heat gun, but I am afraid of damaging the wires. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks,

Ozzie

Well maybe you should leave this to a JBL certified tech.:blink:

Ozzie Fior
06-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Well, I see these networks including the wires sold all the time, so I would suspect someone knows how to do this

John
06-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes well they yank the whole mess out of the sub-chamber and then seperate the wires from the latex sealent.

Ozzie Fior
06-25-2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks John. My thought is to carefully cut the glue along the opening. I will install those wires in a new enclosure, so the glue "plug" that remains areound the wires can stay there and help seal the new subchamber. Just curious about any learned lessons out there.