PDA

View Full Version : Great Plains Audio Repair of Urei 801

UreiCollector
06-23-2008, 04:00 PM
I just wanted to share with everyone what an EXCELLENT job Great Plains Audio did on my Urei/Altec's! High quality work, and the parts are identical to original, they look great! The drivers were shipped back to me with the horns removed, and packed separately. They provided a glue to re-attach them, and that was a simple and quick procedure. The price was more than reasonable, and the work outstanding. I would not hesitate to send Great Plains Audio any of my drivers in the future!

I have also attached a picture of the Urei horn removed from the driver for those who are interested. I was not aware just how far down the throat this treatment actually went.

Cheers everyone, and thanks to Bill and his team at Great Plains Audio!

UreiCollector
06-23-2008, 04:04 PM
A couple more horn pics.....enjoy!

Frederick "the urei collector"

doodlebug
06-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Agreed. I had my UREI/Altec 604s (from the first-series 813A) reconed and the magnet recharged. It did wonders for them and the work is first-rate and most reasonable.

Cheers,

David

neanderthal
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
I took four 2231A's and two 2202A's to great plains audio back in january to get the magnets recharged and they are definately first rate.Thats my ride with coffee cup on the top backed up to the door ready to load up and get out of town.They don't have any business name on the outside you just have to go by the number on the door 7127.

DerekTheGreat
10-27-2022, 04:42 AM
A couple more horn pics.....enjoy!

Frederick "the urei collector"

Is that foam plug in the throat supposed to be there when installed?? I know this is a dead thread, but perhaps someone else knows? (Paging rusty.jefferson) My 813C's do not have them.

rusty jefferson
10-27-2022, 05:17 AM
No, yours do not have the foam plug. Those are Altec 604 coaxial drivers and you have the JBL/UREI 801C coaxial drivers. The horns are different (and not interchangeable). You should be able to see the mesh screen at the exit of the compression driver if you put a flashlight down the throat that prevents bugs/cigarette butts from getting to the driver. :)

DerekTheGreat
10-27-2022, 09:02 AM
Ahh. Thank you rusty!

Robh3606
10-27-2022, 03:55 PM
Enjoy them those coaxials are great had an 811C center for years!

DerekTheGreat
10-28-2022, 03:53 AM
Thanks Rob! I'm diggin' 'em! Blew my dad away yesterday. He was all, "They're too big for the living room, what do you need all that for?" And then he heard them, "Whoa.. Those are cool." :bouncy: