PDA

View Full Version : Mounting tweets for JBL 4312s

robertbartsch
06-18-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm assembling these from vintage components (drivers, cabs, grills, etc) purchase separately.

These tweet drivers have a round silver mounting plate that is secured to a 4 inch square piece of material that is then atttached with screws to the baffle.

1. What is the 4 inch square plate that attaches to the baffle made from; wood, metal?
2. The round mounting plate that is part of the driver and is covered in foam is missing from my drivers; how is this restrored?

hjames
06-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm assembling these from vintage components (drivers, cabs, grills, etc) purchase separately.

These tweet drivers have a round silver mounting plate that is secured to a 4 inch square piece of material that is then atttached with screws to the baffle.

1. What is the 4 inch square plate that attaches to the baffle made from; wood, metal?
2. The round mounting plate that is part of the driver and is covered in foam is missing from my drivers; how is this restored?

These old things?? (Link within the site's Library to 4312 brochure)
http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/jbl/specs/pro-speakers/1983-4312/page1.jpg
These appear to be like the drivers in the L100s and had a ring of foam that is adhesive attached to the backing (mounting) plate
See the first photo below of a driver without the foam. (Do a search on the site to get the JBL phone number where you can buy the foam rings - they're pretty cheap)

See the 2nd photo for the newer 4312C speakers-