View Full Version : HBD Loach71

SEAWOLF97
06-12-2008, 12:16 PM
a week late, but thats no biggie when you are THAT old.....:D

oh geeze, I just looked again and you are only 10 months older

(keep them skids on the bottom side)

loach71
06-13-2008, 11:40 AM
The BIG 60... After all the time in the BIG GREEN MACHINE, I Never thought I would make it... :banghead:

SEAWOLF97
06-05-2011, 09:35 AM
a week late, but thats no biggie when you are THAT old.....:D

(keep them skids on the bottom side)

OKAY . IF that post was a week late on 6-12-08 ....that could make Tim's Bday = TODAY ??? 6-5-11 ???? :confused:

loach71
06-05-2011, 03:06 PM
I must be a TIMEX -- I take a lick'n and keep on tick'n....
Remember those analog wrist watches we were issued? Strangely enough I still have mine. The radium spots on the dial must drive the airport scanners NUTS!

SEAWOLF97
06-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Remember those analog wrist watches we were issued?

I donated my Seiko (involuntarily) to some Cowboys ....my little green one with the nylon strap is ... ???? (they're in-style now) ... still wear my Randolf Engineering issued frames, (or at least a modern replacement) , tho prescription has changed a bit..

If I managed to guess the right day (its no longer in your profile) . then :applaud::applaud::birthday::birthday:

I'd buy you a 33 or two if Montana were a little closer ;)

did I ever mention that they gave me an invitation to Canoe U , but I just couldn't commit to 4 extra. ??

loach71
06-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Two old military goats and a bowl of Pho (or maybe Bun bu Hue?)
Bring back memories? Does mama-san make pho?

SEAWOLF97
06-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Does mama-san make pho?

sure does , and I help her roll cha gio .Oh, her banh xeo is incredible....best nuoc mam in PDX....we are kicking around the notion of a return trip abt next March ....dont care to be there at Tet ...then down to Sydney for 30 before returning to 24/7 PDX gray drizzle...:(

I'd buy you a 33 or two if Montana were a little closer

Did you ever have the pleasure of staying in THE MONTANA in Saigon ?? or was that for E's only ?

loach71
06-06-2011, 08:39 AM
I did all my R&Rs in OZ and NZ...:bouncy:

SEAWOLF97
06-06-2011, 09:24 AM
for those members unable to completely follow the posts:
L-71 & I were taught an obscure language by our shared benevolent uncle*.;)

I only know 1 percent (or less ?) of Loach71's story , but that is enough to put
him om my "10 most respected LHF members" list (for whatever that's worth)

Geeze...really . I'm sitting in my rocking chair listening to tunes,
and he's working on a PhD* (and he's slightly older than me, and I'm older than dirt) :blink:

*PhD = post hole digger ??? (I can joke abt that since Dad & Unk had one
and my son will be starting on his next year)

R&R's ??? Tokyo , HK , Taipei and Bangkok and 30 day basket in ....(drum roll plse ) ..........
Salem, Oregon.:eek: :barf:

* Tim was with the Big Green Machine while I joined the Canoe Club ...but we both wore the same snazzy clothes ( he had more shiny jewelry tho )

loach71
06-06-2011, 05:09 PM
The "shiny jewelery" just made me a better target for those "evil-nasties" with the Soviet / Chicom .51 caliber DSKH heavy machine guns. When the tracers look as big as beach balls you know you are living on the edge...:eek:

PhD = piled higher and deeper...

SEAWOLF97
06-06-2011, 05:20 PM
The "shiny jewelery" just made me a better target for those "evil-nasties" with the Soviet / Chicom .51 caliber DSKH heavy machine guns. When the tracers look as big as beach balls you know you are living on the edge...:eek:

PhD = piled higher and deeper...

:rotfl:

I'm in the planning stage right now, but if I think that the ankle will hold out ,
this (or one like it) may be in the semi-near future

http://www.rei.com/adventures/trips/asia/vietnam.html

SEAWOLF97
06-07-2013, 07:52 AM
I think Mr. "Amazed I'm still alive!" just got older ? 65 ?

hjames
06-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Sorry - but belated birthday to you, Mr Loach!
Hope you enjoyed the day with the stuff you like!

loach71
06-08-2013, 11:26 AM
:D