PDA

View Full Version : SVA2100 tweeter

oznob
06-06-2008, 09:12 AM
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1707

Can anyone confirm if this Audax tweeter is the correct one for the SVA2100? If so, I may buy a couple just in case......

Thanks,

Mark

Titanium Dome
06-08-2008, 11:36 PM
The official diaphragm replacement is RW034X0, which is the same diaphragm in the model you linked. However, the whole housing would not fit.

It's possible you could remove the plate on the front and mount the rest of the unit to the flange on the rear of the horn. Unfortunately, I doubt that it's built for rear mounting inasmuch as the screws on this unit are threaded from the front.

Titanium Dome
06-08-2008, 11:47 PM
I have a fried tweeter from an SVA1800. I'll check out the flange to be sure what it takes.

oznob
06-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the information Ti! I didn't even consider the rear mounting issue. I did notice Madisound had replacement diaphragms which was going to be my next question. I will be curious to see what you find out about them.

Thanks,

Mark

Titanium Dome
06-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Speaking of SVAs, late last night I finished most of the wiring in my music room set up. (I may make a thread later.) One of the last set up connections was a 5.1 SVA set up:

fronts: SV2100
center: SVA Center
surrounds: SVA1800
subs: FA THX400 (2: each has an LE14H-1 in it)
pre/pro: Citation 5.0
amps: FAA 1000.5, FA 4125 (bridged)

I played Sting's "Nothing Like the Sun" DTS CD. Oh baby, you shoulda been in tha house!

Titanium Dome
06-09-2008, 09:22 PM
After examining the soft dome tweeter, flange, and adapter from an SVA1800, I think you may be all right. It looks like all you'll need to do is remove the metal mounting plate from the TW034X0 and replace it with the plastic/composite mounting plate and plastic screws from the driver mounted in the SVA2100.

This assumes one very critical thing: that the four mounting screws holding the driver to the mounting plate are set in the same places on both flanges. If that's the case, you're home free. My best educated guess is that they are in the same place.

If this ever becomes necessary, I'd recommend removing a woofer or two, leaving the horn in the enclosure, and working blind. It's not that hard.

What IS hard is trying to remove the horn, which requires the removal of the fake woodgrain panels, as there are screws underneath. They'll almost certainly be ruined, so unless you know where to buy a pair, you're out of luck.

oznob
06-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Sound advice Ti! I hope it will not be necessary for a long time but I would like to have some spares while and if they are still available.

Wish I could have heard the whole set up! As the 2100's "break in", I am enjoying them more and more. They are just fun to listen to especially when you kick them in the a** a bit, very dynamic!

Thanks again for the info Ti!

Mark

Valentin
06-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Yes the audax is the correct tweeter

i used to have SVA 2100 and i had to change once the tweeter it got fried by a drunken find in a party

it is the same unit it fits perfectly in the back of the horn

Audax TW034X0

oznob
06-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Yes the audax is the correct tweeter

i used to have SVA 2100 and i had to change once the tweeter it got fried by a drunken find in a party

it is the same unit it fits perfectly in the back of the horn

Audax TW034X0

Thanks for the confirmation Valentin. I may just invest in a couple of diaphragms in case of emergency.