PDA

View Full Version : Bo Diddley dead at 79!

oznob
06-02-2008, 05:21 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-bo-diddley,0,6515788.story

Very said day, he was a true pioneer! If I had a dime for every time I played "Who Do You Love".........................

Krunchy
06-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Aw thats a shame! :( I'll miss Bo & his funky rectangular guitar,
very unique artist in so many ways.

SUPERBEE
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
This really sux!!

I was lucky enough to have meet him a few times and I interviewed him for a fanzine back in the 80s. He was a true Rock & Roll trailblazer.
My favorite Bo Diddley story came from that interview. I was just a 20 something kid then and after the interview I was looking at one of his guitars sitting in its case. It was a big daddy square Gretsch with a plate that said "Turbo 5 Speed" on it. Bo came over and looked at me and said "Son, do you want to hold Bo Diddley's guitar"? Of course I said yes and he reached in and grabbed it. As he handed it to me I realized just how HUGE his hands were. He had the true "Hambone" hands.
I meet him again in the 90s and while not as spry as he used to be he was able enough to hit on my wife. He was "the man"
:sadwavy:

Zilch
06-02-2008, 10:24 PM
"GO, Bo Diddley...!"

johnaec
06-03-2008, 07:56 AM
While I mourn his passing, I must say, as a bass player, that whenever anyone suggested playing "Who do You Love", I would just cringe... A single one-bassnote song *all* the way through just drove me nuts!

John