PDA

View Full Version : Smiled on by the JBL Gods recently - 6290 and 4315A

mech986
05-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi All,

Wanted to share a couple of recent transactions that were our there and showed that following up a lead or hunch can pay dividends.

Was going through Craigslist a few weeks ago and ran across an old ad, almost 2 weeks old, that read:

JBL Studio 1K watt Amp - $100
Reply to:
Date: 2008-05-12, 5:56PM

Jbl Studio monitor anp.
1000watt amp

Had a fuzzy photo of an amp with a fan in the back and maybe two red power switches. :blink:

Emailed a couple of times and no reply. But a week later, the seller emailed that the amp was still available. We met up and he confirmed it was a 6290 he used for about 5 years to drive some nearfield monitors and was operating just fine. Now resides at home waiting for another sub application.

The other was a pair of 4315A's purchased by an AK member a year ago and he was inquiring in early April about another pair he was offered. I was interested in the 8 in mid as a potential driver for the 4340 type cabs I recently received. I emailed him and he sent me some photos of the speakers that I mulled over for 2 weeks while being inundated at work. Luckily he emailed me again last week because he was moving and since I had expressed interest in the drivers, he offered both speakers to me for a price I could not refuse. Also, he had a coworker heading down from Utah to LA to visit Disneyland and he would transport the speakers directly to me for the same FedEx shipping fee! How's that for service?!?:applaud:

So, the 4315A's need mid and woofer surrounds in due time. But for a total investment of under $600 for the 6290 and 4315A's with shipping, it worked out pretty well. Thanks to the sellers who took the time and initiative to follow up with my communications and for being very helpful and gracious :bouncy::bouncy:

Here's the pics as they are here in LA.

Bart

mech986
05-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Isn't it crazy? After working with 2 and 3 way JBL's for over a decade (no pun intended), now I run into 2 sets of 4 ways (the smaller or compact 4 ways, if there is such a thing) in the last 4 months.

Hmmm, when will the 4343, 4344, and 4345's show up?

Bart

SEAWOLF97
05-29-2008, 10:57 AM
are those postage stamps stuck to the grill cloth ? if so , just need an address label and they are ready to ship !!! (by most shipper standards) :bouncy:

mech986
05-29-2008, 11:09 AM
are those postage stamps stuck to the grill cloth ? if so , just need an address label and they are ready to ship !!! (by most shipper standards) :bouncy:

Yeah, I wish!! Except I'd have to go to the post office to get additional 1 cent stamps with how they keep raising rates. And just how do I stuff the parcel slot with these babies??? :)

Anyway, those are the mounts for the grille nameplate. Unfortunately, JBLPro doesn't have any more although they do list as available for the 4333B, 4343, 4344, 4345, and 4350B. These are probably to old or they didn't have quantity spares in the past.

Looks like I'll have to keep searching for the nameplates or have a few repro's made up. Anyone interested?

Bart