no publicity

its a great product and a name maker

whats happening Harman

wheres JBL BUZZ

I bet stereophile TAS ETC would jump to have a review of them

Valentin
05-29-2008, 06:10 AM
but if JBL continues to sell all they make

Come on i would believe that argument if it was the first months of production but it has been more than a year

thy saw this coming since the first sales

why risk a review

JBL has no risk it must be a great speaker

wake up Harman

Everest's are a insignia product all the publicity you make to this speaker fall all the way down to the best buy products.

05-29-2008, 08:54 AM
I think the JBL consumer division is such a small part of the earnings of the company that it really does not matter if they sell that many. They just need to make something that looks nice to please the Asian market and keep the JBL name in high esteem. I wonder if JBL consumer is a profitable segment of the company? I would bet not. Maybe some one knows.

I question a lot of what JBL does, and maybe the shareholders should as well. Sometimes I think the managment is doing what they please rather than worrying about the bottom line.

Ducatista47
05-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Harman, huge Harman, is very aware of the bottom line. In the usual modern short term thinking as well as strategies to keep such a large international company profitable.

At this point in history I feel the growth model that has served Harman so well until recently no longer serves JBL well. I would like to see the company bought out by employees, spun off as an independent. Perhaps with a marketing agreement.

For many years now the growth model of business has been touted as the way to survive in today's competitive World market. The truth is that it serves owners and CEO's who want to be very wealthy and are willing to incur huge financial risks to hit the jackpot with a corporation where all the money goes right to the top. No five to one Ben & Jerry's rule there! Such companies also tend to ignore - dump on, actually - the original core business and customers of the smaller companies they aquire, and even their own original realms.

JBL should end up like Nitto Bicycle parts in Japan, not like another brand of a conglomerate. Make only the good stuff and keep that reputation no matter what. That keeps brand loyalty, a far better long term strategy than greed.

Clark

Valentin
05-29-2008, 02:56 PM
well

Everest are an impressive product from many views
JBL branded products sells a lot more then REVEL a lot more

Revel are great product but i bet their is a lot better margin for a pair of Everest's than for a pair of Revel ultima2 Salon speaker

hope to see some buzz happening soon

just my best wishes for JBL

Rolf
05-29-2008, 03:52 PM
I am not sure what you are thinking about, but I have heard the DD66000, added a few comments in previous post(s), and there are not much to say. What I heard on the demo was terrible. Until I have them at home, properly tuned and so on, I can't say anymore. What I have heard so far is not good at all.

there hasn't been any news on Everest dd 66000

no reviews
no publicity

its a great product and a name maker

whats happening Harman

wheres JBL BUZZ

I bet stereophile TAS ETC would jump to have a review of them

Valentin
05-29-2008, 05:52 PM
So, how did it sound? Actually not very good. This has of course to do with the short time Neby had to remove the listening location, this room is not intended to be used as a listening room, the lack of time to test out different cd/pre/power/cables combination etc.

Therefore we have decided to make a trip no 2 when the listening room is fixed to have a better listening.

When this is said, there is no doubt in my mind that these speakers will play very good when set up properly and tuned the way they must.

well at least you had a chance to hear them and make your own impressions

And normally in a review thy take the time to install the speakers correctly and the acoustics are know to them so as you state personally

these speakers will play very good when set up properly

i don't now of any speaker that plays very well if not set properly

hope a lot more people had that opportunity in the north America continent