PDA

View Full Version : I need help with UREI 813C valuation

david yost
05-10-2008, 05:40 AM
Hello, All:

I have been approached by a fellow Lansing Heritage forums user with an offer to buy my Urei 813C speakers. Apparently, he owns a recording studio that was vandalized and among the missing items was a pair of 813s. Anyway, his insurance company will pay to replace them, but I need to know what a pair in very good to excellent condition is currently worth.

Mine have been professionally repainted on all sides -- there are not any problems with the boxes and they have no dents, chips, etc. I have also had the surrounds on the 2215Hs replaced by a JBL service center, and the co-ax horns complete with all foam pieces replaced with the last of JBLs n.o.s. units. All of the speaker components look as new, front and back, with the exception of the woofer dust caps which were indented at one point by the kids. I successfully popped them back out again using a small vacuum nozzle, and they are only noticeable upon close inspection. The crossovers are like new with all silk screening intact and with quiet potentiometers. In other words, they are functionally and cosmetically as good as new (except for the aforementioned dust caps).

I would appreciate any honest appraisals by the resident Urei/JBL gurus or, short of that, a lead on who can help me. Please use the private message feature to respond.

Thanks in advance,
David