PDA

View Full Version : LX5 replacement parts needed

qcautosports
04-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Is it possible to replace the old, and tired internals of an LX5 using modern day parts? Need help badly. Thanks.

speakerdave
04-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Not entirely. I believe the innards are buried in some icky stuff. The schematic is available, but you will need to reuse the tapped inductor and also measure the DCR of the other inductors, if any.

David

qcautosports
04-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Not entirely. I believe the innards are buried in some icky stuff. The schematic is available, but you will need to reuse the tapped inductor and also measure the DCR of the other inductors, if any.

David
What can we do about that buried stuff?

speakerdave
04-19-2008, 11:22 AM
What can we do about that buried stuff?
Who's this "we"?

subwoof
04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
the "icky stuff" is wax and there are a few threads that explain how-to...

sub

qcautosports
04-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Who's this "we"?Me and my Pop.

qcautosports
04-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Is it possible to replace the old, and tired internals of an LX5 using modern day parts? Need help badly. Thanks.Bump:applaud:

subwoof
04-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Just what parts do you need?

Are yours non-functional?

Did you look up the schematic on this site?

The parts are available from a number of suppliers except for the special tapped inductors and rotary switch.

You should use the search function to gauge a project before asking for assistance - this way your request can be narrowed down and easier to respond.

:cheers:

qcautosports
04-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Just what parts do you need?

Are yours non-functional?

Did you look up the schematic on this site?

The parts are available from a number of suppliers except for the special tapped inductors and rotary switch.

You should use the search function to gauge a project before asking for assistance - this way your request can be narrowed down and easier to respond.

:cheers:Yes they are both woking. Just planning to overhaul...like refreshing an old engine.

ndmunro
02-26-2016, 10:54 AM
Hi

I too am looking to build a replacement LX5 with modern parts and I was wondering how you made out with the tapped inductor. Did you ever manage to find a replacement ?

Thanks

qcautosports
02-27-2016, 09:15 AM
Hi

I too am looking to build a replacement LX5 with modern parts and I was wondering how you made out with the tapped inductor. Did you ever manage to find a replacement ?

Thanks
I think the best wiuld be to build a new one. New coils, new caps. [