PDA

View Full Version : Satisfied customer

cooky1257
04-19-2008, 03:50 AM
Hope this is the correct place to post.
I just thought, as it's usual and all to common to post dissatisfaction with repairs, reconers, customer care etc it'd make a refreshing change to reflect and post on some exemplary service when experienced.
Prompted by such 'beyond the call of duty' I'm nominating Pro Sound Services, Braintree, Mass' who have matched their very keen pricing(I've saved an absolute fortune) and great overseas shipping with great advice and help with my recent 2441 dias and 2235 recone kits purchases.
Head honcho Charlie Tappa is a 4350 user and it's nice/reassuring to have a JBL dealership that takes an interest in what you're up to-like the 'don't forget to fit the mass ring!".
Cooky

Andyoz
04-19-2008, 04:22 AM
So are the beasts up and running yet??

richluvsound
04-19-2008, 04:35 AM
Andy,

shall we go give them the once over ?

Rich

Andyoz
04-19-2008, 04:51 AM
Would luv to but can't see me coming over to England unless it's on "business".:(

cooky1257
04-19-2008, 04:55 AM
In a manner of speaking they are.
The 2441's went in ok and are sounding smooth as a babies bot.
They were sounding darn good tri amped and benefited greatly from the delay/alignment on the xta. A huge stereo image and great dynamics.
The bass units had spiders that were sagging a bit too much and 2 were distorting on some notes so I decided to bite the bullet and recone all 4.
I've done 2 without any trouble-very straight forward(Tannoy dmt15's are more difficult/less forgiving IME) but those cunning guys at Custom are holding the other 2 till I cough up the vat/duty.The bass was already very good so I can't wait to hear the new cones installed.
They turned out not to be the steal they first looked but because I've sourced my kit from the US are worth every penny I've spent so far.
Had I been forced to pay the UK Treasure Island prices I'd 've had to part them out.
Cooky

cooky1257
04-19-2008, 04:58 AM
Andy,

shall we go give them the once over ?

Rich

Guys, soon as, you're more than welcome.
Cooky

cooky1257
04-21-2008, 10:04 PM
LOL!
Well the tumbleweed silence re this post either indicates a general indifference to the standard of service from JBL dealer/suppliers, people only speakup when they've something to moan about, the forum is full of dealers all looking at their shoes or I'm a boring s.o.b. who really ought to think of better posting matter and should get back to counting my collection of snow globes:D

edgewound
04-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Hope this is the correct place to post.
I just thought, as it's usual and all to common to post dissatisfaction with repairs, reconers, customer care etc it'd make a refreshing change to reflect and post on some exemplary service when experienced.
Prompted by such 'beyond the call of duty' I'm nominating Pro Sound Services, Braintree, Mass' who have matched their very keen pricing(I've saved an absolute fortune) and great overseas shipping with great advice and help with my recent 2441 dias and 2235 recone kits purchases.
Head honcho Charlie Tappa is a 4350 user and it's nice/reassuring to have a JBL dealership that takes an interest in what you're up to-like the 'don't forget to fit the mass ring!".
Cooky

Well...this is a bitter sweet post. Sweet that you got good service and you're giving praise for it.

Bitter in that they've violated JBL's Service Agreement by selling recone kits to the end user and have stepped on the toes of their UK counterparts.

I also wouldn't be so thrilled with the "Our Price" pricing on their website. Their "Regular Price" is marked up 30% from list. That can be validated by looking at the Transducer Parts Price List at www.jblpro.com (http://www.jblpro.com)

cooky1257
04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Well...this is a bitter sweet post. Sweet that you got good service and you're giving praise for it.

Bitter in that they've violated JBL's Service Agreement by selling recone kits to the end user and have stepped on the toes of their UK counterparts.

I also wouldn't be so thrilled with the "Our Price" pricing on their website. Their "Regular Price" is marked up 30% from list. That can be validated by looking at the Transducer Parts Price List at www.jblpro.com (http://www.jblpro.com)

Well, List each for C8R2235 kit is $160; I paid $130, List for D16R2441 is $230; I paid $178.
Now when you then compare these to the uk you have list prices each of;
C8R2235; $260 and DR162441; $500
They're pretty expensive toes IMO.
To be fair to ProSound too I did first ask if they could ship to my son in Charlotte NC if they couldn't/wouldn't supply to the uk.

edgewound
04-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Well, List each for C8R2235 kit is $160; I paid $130, List for D16R2441 is $230; I paid $178.
Now when you then compare these to the uk you have list prices each of;
C8R2235; $260 and DR162441; $500
They're pretty expensive toes IMO.
To be fair to ProSound too I did first ask if they could ship to my son in Charlotte NC if they couldn't/wouldn't supply to the uk.

They can sell the stuff for whatever they want.

My point is...they're subject to termination by JBL Pro for selling recone kits to a retail end user....period.

It's a violation of their agreement with JBL Pro.

cooky1257
04-22-2008, 12:46 PM
They can sell the stuff for whatever they want.

My point is...they're subject to termination by JBL Pro for selling recone kits to a retail end user....period.

It's a violation of their agreement with JBL Pro.

I only quoted the prices because you brought up their 'Our Price'.
I hear what you're saying Edge' but why then does JBL feel obliged to include the consumer warning with all kits/dias?-I'm assuming here of course that all JBL dealers are pure as the driven snow and such behaviour would be a rare occurrence.
I would also have thought that in the land of free enterprise such arcane restrictions to trade would be illegal.

edgewound
04-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey Cooky...

All dealer agreements have conditions and restrictions, and the no selling over the counter of recone kits is this one. It's about the only one.

Otherwise, diaphragm sales are not restricted, and carry no warranty when the install is done by other that an authorized servicer. Why is that?

Because although JBL is very good at QC on parts, the odd time a bad one gets through, it can be caught by a service rep before the customer has to deal with the problem....and you can see that problem would be terrible for the end user to have to deal with from JBL's...and your perspective.

I only quoted the prices because you brought up their 'Our Price'.
I hear what you're saying Edge' but why then does JBL feel obliged to include the consumer warning with all kits/dias?-I'm assuming here of course that all JBL dealers are pure as the driven snow and such behaviour would be a rare occurrence.
I would also have thought that in the land of free enterprise such arcane restrictions to trade would be illegal.

cooky1257
04-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Edgewound,
I fully appreciate and can understand your position.

If the horror stories I've read on here are anything to go by I do know that I've done 4 recone jobs every bit as good if not considerably neater, more thorough, better than authorised reconers seem capable of.
One because as you say the JBL QC is generally very good and two most importantly IMO, I wasn't doing it against the clock.
Cooky