PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Electrotec Lab-Q systems?

BMWCCA
04-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I saw a set-up stored in a warehouse last night. Apparently 24 tops and 12 bottoms, or maybe it was 24 of each. There were a bunch of them all jammed together. I'm told the tops weigh in at close to 300 lbs, and the bottoms are slightly less. And they "flew" them, too!

Apparently it was once an old touring rig for Aerosmith and it filled a tractor trailer to the door. Bought out of Florida.

Didn't have a camera and it was late, but they look something like this picture I found through Google:
http://www.solarisnetwork.com/php_thumb/phpThumb.php?src=../product_sale/JBL/JBL__JBL_Concert_System__%5B3483%5D/_123.jpg&q=100&wmf=../images/global/watermark.gif&wmp=60&wmm=0&w=900&bc=2B1D5F&bw=1&err=../product_info/_image_unavailable.gif

I'm told they were used for Delbert McClinton's show at the Charlottesville (Va.) Pavilion a few years ago and they were loud if not refined. Tops had something like 2 x 12", folded horn, and I could see two ring-radiators about the middle of the cabinet through the cloth. Odd location for the tweets. Awesome to see such a collection as just one part of the audio setups they had in inventory. I don't know a thing about them other than what I saw just sitting there.

mikebake
04-14-2008, 01:37 PM
I have a buddy that uses them; loud and long-throw.

BMWCCA
04-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Forgot to say, in justifying the forum category, that these come loaded with JBL-Pro drivers.