PDA

View Full Version : Radian diaphragms?

oznob
03-25-2008, 09:18 PM
http://www.radianaudio.com/products/diaphragms/diaphragms.php?viewT=diaphragms

Does anyone have any experience with Radian diaphragms? I want to have a couple of spare diaphragms for the 2426H's and a friend of mine recommended them. He has a couple large PA systems and swears by the Radian's. I have always leaned toward original parts especially when it comes to JBL stuff. I am willing to try other things if they are "better."

readswift
03-25-2008, 09:46 PM
there is topic somewhere with measurements, as far I remember there were gross frequency mismatches between two radian dia's. Maybe it was the quick & dirty thread.

edgewound
03-26-2008, 07:29 AM
http://www.radianaudio.com/products/diaphragms/diaphragms.php?viewT=diaphragms

Does anyone have any experience with Radian diaphragms? I want to have a couple of spare diaphragms for the 2426H's and a friend of mine recommended them. He has a couple large PA systems and swears by the Radian's. I have always leaned toward original parts especially when it comes to JBL stuff. I am willing to try other things if they are "better."

Some people swear at the Radian's....but seriously, folks....

Radian is a nice product...I use Radian 8" coaxial monitors on stage but, keep in mind that your S3100 was designed around the 2426 and it's characteristics. The Radian diaphragm will sound different...but "better" is subjective to your preferences. Aluminum and titanium sound different for sure, but a PA application is different than home hi fi.

Let your own ears decide in the end.

oznob
03-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Some people swear at the Radian's....but seriously, folks....

Radian is a nice product...I use Radian 8" coaxial monitors on stage but, keep in mind that your S3100 was designed around the 2426 and it's characteristics. The Radian diaphragm will sound different...but "better" is subjective to your preferences. Aluminum and titanium sound different for sure, but a PA application is different than home hi fi.

Let your own ears decide in the end.

Thanks for being the voice of reason EDGE! He says he likes Radian's as he has yet to blow one although he only uses them in his stage monitors which are all JBL's of various models and configurations. He uses older large Renkus-Heinz for mains in larger auditoriums and outside applications, subs are 18" JBL's. I guess I shouldn't pay too much attention to him. His main home speakers are Klipsch Heresy's!:barf:

scott fitlin
03-26-2008, 06:20 PM
I have six Radian replacements for the 2441,s.

They are good, spacious sounding, if you can call it that, but, at the expense of efficiency. JBL,s phragms are MUCH more dynamic sounding.

IF I use JBL, I USE JBL!

Radian is good in Radian comp drivers.

But, 99bucks, is attractive.

However, the sound wasnt as expressive. Jus my opinion.

I got em, I prefer the JBL part.

Zilch
03-26-2008, 06:43 PM
I measured the Radians. They claim to be the same only better.

They are not the same.

I don't know about the better part, 'cause I'd have to change the filters to make that determination.

Fine for SR, probably.

The chances of blowing the stock titaniums in S3100 are slim, and JBL replacements are likely to be available for a LONG time, given the popularity of that driver family.

It's a non issue, I would say....

FRAZIERHORN
03-26-2008, 07:16 PM
I'll bite,I've used the radian replacements on both 375 and 075 drivers.I was very pleased with their replacements.didnt "ear" much of the differents,but I did sell my original jbl's 375 diaph's. and picked up a few extra radian's with the money.I think they stopped selling the 075 replacements but why??

edgewound
03-27-2008, 08:41 AM
.I think they stopped selling the 075 replacements but why??

They never made them. Maybe you're thinking Peavey HT91

FRAZIERHORN
03-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Edge-I'll see if I still have the boxes,I phoned in the order and they sent the part that fit a 075.I looked at the Radian site but couldnt find the HT 91's either?did they also stop making that part too?