PDA

View Full Version : A year later!

Krunchy
03-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Hello fellow JBL, Lansing & General Music Lovers,

Well, its been a year since I joined the forum and I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for your kindness and patience and the very real sense of community that make up this wonderful place. The Lansing Heritage Forum is truly a special place, vibrant & exciting, I feel very fortunate to have found this oasis during my travels through the wasteland that can sometimes be the internet. It has been a pleasure & a privilege to have wondered in your halls all this time (without getting kicked out or worse, being politely asked to leave :D). I’ve had a lot of fun talking to many of you, making new friends and learning about many things I did not know about.

I happened upon this site by chance, I’d purchased a pair of L166’s that needed new surrounds. I’d been directed to this site by the many links on ebay from people selling the L100’s. Eventually I found Bo’s eloquent (both verbally & visually) thread on the subject & that was it, I was hooked. My humble L166’s are up and running and they will always have a special place in my heart for multiple reasons, least of which is that they sound great.

Since that first acquisition I’ve added other models, collecting a set here a set there as they became available, learning a little about their different and unique sound characteristics. Many if not all needed some TLC with the exceptions of audiobeer’s and John W’s, those were mint. Not all have stayed with me, some have been given to friends and family & in turn enriched their lives as well, all part of the cycle IMO.

Thank you all for making this noble place the Oasis that it truly is, may it be around for a very very long time.

Be well all of you! In gratitudeus maximus,

Fred

richluvsound
03-18-2008, 01:21 PM
krunchy,

your are a true Gentleman in the best possible way ! Not just the forum ,but the world could do with a few more of you. I really enjoy our banter and good
the good sense of fun your bring to the forum.

It aint all about speakers ! I dont know about you ,but I could never really relate to anyone that didn't
have some kind of musical passion.
all the best, Rich

Krunchy
03-18-2008, 04:44 PM
I really enjoy our banter. It aint all about speakers ! I dont know about you ,but I could never really relate to anyone that didn't have some kind of musical passion.

Same Here Rich! & thank you for the kind words.This place is too much fun and addicting, I was away for about a week and was beggining to show withdrawal symptoms (not a good sign). I have a couple of friends who like music but do not actively pursue any genre and I just dont get it. They enjoy whatever music is playing but do not get enthusiastic/passionate about any of it, I could care if they were listening to rap but at least get into something. Its seems kind of an empty existense or lacking in some respect but to each his own I suppose, they probably do not understand our infatuation with it as well, so who is nuts?! (obviously they are!) I would give up tv (good movies reluctantly) but dont mess with the tunes and books, now that would be rough. ;)