PDA

View Full Version : One-Post Wonder's new forum solicitation??

BMWCCA
03-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Anyone else get this solicitation in a PM?

Did the Admins dump this chump already? Thanks!

What happened to the plan to institute a probation period between joining and posting privileges talked about for reducing spam? I feel kind of violated when I get PMs like this one. :crying:

awesome new hifi forum
http://hifitalk.forumotion.com/

members only due to adult content.
come join the madhouse dude

johnaec
03-15-2008, 07:28 AM
And when you look for his 1 post, it's not here...

John

Gary L
03-15-2008, 07:32 AM
I got it this morning and it's in my mail box now!

I have not clicked the link and instead went searching for this member, Robin Banks, who I can't find!

The part about "Adult Content" ought to be a heads up to any of us who get this garbage and you might want to have all of your spam filters and virus protections up to date before venturing to any site advertised in this manner.

Gary

BMWCCA
03-15-2008, 07:40 AM
And when you look for his 1 post, it's not here...That's what made me think he'd been dumped already. Wonder what that first post was? :blink:

Hoerninger
03-15-2008, 07:44 AM
First post same as PM. Dumped and banned by the moderator. - Peter

rs237
03-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Also, I received several times this PM.

regards
juergen

BMWCCA
03-15-2008, 08:46 AM
First post same as PM. Dumped and banned by the moderator.
Thanks. 'Nuff said!

spkrman57
03-16-2008, 08:34 AM
And ignored it when it was touted as the best audio forum in the world!

We are already on the best audio forum!!!

Ron

Rusnzha
03-28-2008, 11:32 AM
http://hifitalk.forumotion.com/index.htm

members only due to adult content.

come join up dude.

regards r swipe

This is the second time I got this PM. Goes by user name "r swipe" with zero posts. This sounds like the same dude, I hope one of the moderators will make him go away.

Gary L
03-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Some of these guys just don't quit! Think they need to get a life and grow up.

I have no idea what is at the site and would never go there based on anything this fool is PMing. I do believe if it was a legit site, most of us would already have found it.

He will get the AX soon enough but will probably be back again soon because he is clueless and thinks he might get over on us with a few unsuspecting members.

I just hope there is nothing to cause problems for anyone foolish enough to go there.

Gary

yggdrasil
03-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Since these guys don't send PM's to any of the mod's we need to be informed about them.

We would also appreciate if the information can be confirmt by at least two members.

Consider this one stopped.

Rusnzha
03-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Sounds good -- What is the best way to deal with these fools? I wanted to forward the PM, but wasn't sure how or where to.

yggdrasil
03-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Adding to this thread, or opening a new thread in this forum is a good way to address this problem.

Gary L
03-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Agreed! After you post it here or notify a Mod it's also a good idea to just hit the delete key on the PM you got.

Members who are in good standing won't direct you to go to any other site unless you have some history with that member.

Gary