PDA

View Full Version : DD6600 Listening in Norway

Rolf
03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi all.

This evening (Now it is night here) the GLL Group, in witch I am a member, was invited to the Norwegian importer of JBL home speakers, Neby Hi-Fi Concept, to have a listening session of the Everest DD66000. The owner, Erling Neby, the Country Manager Frank Bruun was the hosts.

First some welcome words, then we had a bite to eat, and so the music started to play.

Here are some pictures:

Rolf
03-05-2008, 06:16 PM
One more:

Rolf
03-05-2008, 06:21 PM
The tragic thing is that we was going to listen to the DD6600 in a different location, but due to a fire in that building last night with some smoke and water damage the system had to be placed in this room, instead of in the original room.

This is the amps witch should had been used:

Rolf
03-05-2008, 06:30 PM
So, how did it sound? Actually not very good. This has of course to do with the short time Neby had to remove the listening location, this room is not intended to be used as a listening room, the lack of time to test out different cd/pre/power/cables combination etc.

Therefore we have decided to make a trip no 2 when the listening room is fixed to have a better listening.

When this is said, there is no doubt in my mind that these speakers will play very good when set up properly and tuned the way they must.

What is in the rest of the room you can read in my next thread "The worlds greatest museum".

This I have to wait until tomorrow to write. I'm tired and want to go to sleep.

clmrt
03-05-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't mean to derail the thread, but...fire?

Was anything lost? What was the cause?

Nice to see vintage goods in the shop.

Guido
03-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi Rolf!

This is a F I I I N E collection.

This "little" Passlab on the left side looks rather small compared to these Mc Monsters.

rs237
03-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Hello Rolf,

thank you for the nice pictures. I hope that I the EverestII times in germany can hear.

regards
juergen

Rolf
03-06-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't mean to derail the thread, but...fire?

Was anything lost? What was the cause?

Nice to see vintage goods in the shop.

There was a fire in the 2nd floor over the shop. The water from the fire department went down, and made some rooms unusable. Some smoke also entered the room(s).

Don't know the total damage on equipment. The session took place in another building, at the importers place, not in the shop.

The vintage gear is NOT in the shop. Look (later) in the "Museum" thread.

Loffen
11-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Rolf,I have just been offered to buy this pair (I guess they come from soundgarden) what would a realistic second hand price be ?

Also if anybody know of a pair of DD6600 for sale please send me a PM,no problem if they are in Japan or the US.

Ian Mackenzie
11-22-2008, 10:09 AM
You can buy from Japan if you make arrangments for shipping and customs

Loffen
11-22-2008, 10:27 AM
You can buy from Japan if you make arrangments for shipping and customs

Thanks Ian,do you have any prices ?

Ian Mackenzie
11-22-2008, 04:03 PM
You will need to make your own enquiries but a quick search on Japan's google should give you some idea. Most of the proper audiophile retailers carry JBL over their so it should not be too difficult to sort out.

Skywave-Rider
11-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Rolf,
Please inform us as to the issues you had with the room/setup or any other cause for re-evaluation.
Thanks.

So, how did it sound? Actually not very good. This has of course to do with the short time Neby had to remove the listening location, this room is not intended to be used as a listening room, the lack of time to test out different cd/pre/power/cables combination etc.

Therefore we have decided to make a trip no 2 when the listening room is fixed to have a better listening.

When this is said, there is no doubt in my mind that these speakers will play very good when set up properly and tuned the way they must.

What is in the rest of the room you can read in my next thread "The worlds greatest museum".

This I have to wait until tomorrow to write. I'm tired and want to go to sleep.

Loffen
11-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Will do Ian,thanks.

The price they want for the pair here in Norway is around 40,000 USD,I think it is a little bit pricy,but we will se,I am not in a hurry and will make a decission closer to spring.

Ian Mackenzie
11-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Will do Ian,thanks.

The price they want for the pair here in Norway is around 40,000 USD,I think it is a little bit pricy,but we will se,I am not in a hurry and will make a decission closer to spring.

I dont have my JBL Japan brochure with Yen RP list prices here but that sounds low.

Rolf
11-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Rolf,
Please inform us as to the issues you had with the room/setup or any other cause for re-evaluation.
Thanks.

Well, if you look at the thread "The world greatest museum", you will notice that all the equipment is in the same room as the setup with the DD66000. The room is in concrete, floor, walls and roof. All together this is not good.

It was my intention to take a new trip to listen to them in a properly room at on of the dealers in Oslo, but sorry, I have not made that happen yet. This has to do with the sickness of my wife. Maybe I must get them home (if I can find someone with a big enough car to pick them up) and listen at home. Right now this is out of the question because of the problems my wife (and I) is having.

Hope this explain a little.

Skywave-Rider
11-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Rolf,
Sending good thoughts for your wife's speedy recovery.

timc
11-30-2008, 11:52 AM
I dont have my JBL Japan brochure with Yen RP list prices here but that sounds low.

Norwegian price is $64.285,- VAT included, using an exchange rate of 7 NOK/$

-Tim