PDA

View Full Version : 130a's need attention

fishinbob
03-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Hello all. I need some direction to find the right person to recone my 130a's. Ideally this will be someone close to home so that I might avoid some expense in shipping charges, and also minimize the damage potential, however I will take my chances to get a first rate job. Also am I looking at OEM parts availability or aftermarket. Any info regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks

JohnK
03-03-2008, 09:35 PM
What's wrong with the cones?

Reconing is expensive. If they aren't too bad, I'd sell them on ebay, take the money & buy another pair of mint ones on ebay. You'll get close on the total investment.

edgewound
03-03-2008, 10:59 PM
What's wrong with the cones?

Reconing is expensive. If they aren't too bad, I'd sell them on ebay, take the money & buy another pair of mint ones on ebay. You'll get close on the total investment.

Well....not really. A recone will last a hell of alot longer than mint eBay drivers.

Mint vintage eBay drivers are living on borrowed time if you actually want to listen to them. If it's on display in a museum for viewing only, then vintage, un-cosmetically damaged does have it's merits.

fishinbob
03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
:D Found somebody ....