PDA

View Full Version : Need L300 dimensions

jdelange
03-02-2008, 11:38 AM
L300 dimensions:

I've got the basics, but still need the rest. Any one with the real thing can help me out? Attached is what I think I know and what I still need.

On the glass cover: a) how thick is it, b) what kind of glass (plain?) and 3) what's underneath?

Thanks for your help! I'll update the sketch with info provided and re-post it for anyone with a similar question. Oh yes, and some day I'll post my homework too, but don't hold your breath.

Thanks, Jan

mbottz
03-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Very nice work on the drawing. I am more than willing to help so long as you will post your results on the forum for all the members to use. I have two sets of 300's so I can compare one to another to make sure we have correct measurements. I would like to see all the classics cataloged in the same manner and will offer my assistance for anyone who is willing.

I have been on the other side of this conversation and all the work is on your end. Can you please configure your pdf chart so I can enter values into the blanks. Any questions please PM me.

Look forward to working with you

MB

macaroonie
03-03-2008, 07:31 AM
just passing these on :D

macaroonie
03-03-2008, 07:41 AM
The glass is 1/4" or 6mm. I am awaiting mine from the glazier 8mm plus 2mm felt underneath brings me flush with the corner trim.

jdelange
03-08-2008, 02:21 AM
The glass is 1/4" or 6mm. I am awaiting mine from the glazier 8mm plus 2mm felt underneath brings me flush with the corner trim.

Thanks for the pictures, I'll add them to the rest of my collection.

Is it plain (float) glass, or is it colored in any way? What's the felt color supposed to be?

Thanks, Jan

Zonker92
11-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Reviving this ancient thread, has anyone ever located or drawn a comprehensive set of L300 cabinet plans? All I see are incomplete notes and isolated dimensions. Thanks.

tjm001
11-30-2016, 07:17 AM
Reviving this ancient thread, has anyone ever located or drawn a comprehensive set of L300 cabinet plans? All I see are incomplete notes and isolated dimensions. Thanks.
I don't believe such a thing exists. I built a pair of L300s last year. I'd be glad to help if you want to try it.

Tom

Zonker92
11-30-2016, 10:27 AM
Thanks, Tom! If they don't yet exist, I'm hoping to put together detailed, accurate, well-drawn plans that others can use, but I may not start this project yet.

The problem is, I can't draw myself, so I'm going to have to rope in one of my architect friends. I'll post again here if and when I'm ready to make an attempt. Much appreciated.

Eric

crumdev
12-05-2016, 06:47 AM
I would be happy to join in as well. My father in-law has an original pair I can get info from as needed and I'm hoping to build my own pair with original drivers. I'm working on recreating the cabinet to scale in Google Sketchup and would be happy to share it once I'm done.

srm51555
12-05-2016, 07:42 AM
I would be happy to join in as well. My father in-law has an original pair I can get info from as needed and I'm hoping to build my own pair with original drivers. I'm working on recreating the cabinet to scale in Google Sketchup and would be happy to share it once I'm done.

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

Zonker92
12-05-2016, 07:50 AM
Thanks and welcome to the forum.

And from me, too! I am on track to do precisely what you describe. However, it will probably be a couple of weeks before I have the process truly underway, as I won't have the cabinet(s) before then. I'll be working from empty cabinets so I can easily get the inside details, bracing and dimensions, too.