PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha P-2200

paragon
02-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Got my new (old) poweramp to drive my 4530 today.
Looks good, everything is working after 30 years.
Sounds like new.
I love this wide range analog peakmeters on old amps !:applaud:

SMKSoundPro
02-25-2008, 03:42 PM
I have 4 P2200's, 2 2100's and 1 2050 all from the same era!

I Love them! I am using a 2200 for 2-18" subs, another 2200 for lows, a 2100 for highs and the 2050 for the UHF slots!!! This is the rig in my workshop above the bar.

It sounds GREAT!!!

It seems nobody wants these amps, or that no one gives them up for sale, very often.

They are definitely a winner in my book, and when I am done at the bar, this rig will be coming home to our music/ tv/ workshop space.

I have the original service manuals if you encounter a problem.

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Scotty.

jblnut
02-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Very nice !

Count me in as a big fan of these very underrated (and underpriced!) amps. I have the PC2002M and PC4002M currently, and I've owned the PC2602M too. All are just great workhorse amps that are well behaved, run cool (except the 4002) and sound great. I can't for the life of me figure out why these sell for 1/2-1/3 of what the comparable Yamaha consumer amp would sell for (like the M80). Yet when new, these were 2-3x MORE than their consumer-grade counterparts.

Enjoy :)

jblnut

Fred Sanford
02-25-2008, 05:34 PM
I have 4 P2200's, 2 2100's and 1 2050 all from the same era!

I Love them! I am using a 2200 for 2-18" subs, another 2200 for lows, a 2100 for highs and the 2050 for the UHF slots!!! This is the rig in my workshop above the bar.

It sounds GREAT!!!

It seems nobody wants these amps, or that no one gives them up for sale, very often.

They are definitely a winner in my book, and when I am done at the bar, this rig will be coming home to our music/ tv/ workshop space.

I have the original service manuals if you encounter a problem.

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Scotty.

I've got four of the P2100s for 20+ years now, and love them...and, just recently, found a need for the service manual! One side of one of them is running abnormally hot (still passing audio, but going into thermal shutdown very quickly). You could really save the day if I could get a copy of one, please let me know if that's possible.

Thanks,

je

SMKSoundPro
02-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Fred, PM on the way!

paragon
02-26-2008, 09:07 AM

rs237
02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Hello Pargon,

I have a Yamaha PC2602M and use it to time with my DIY Hartfields. See here:
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19890
(Last Page)
I had been very pleased with the Amp. They told me, but there are better amp. I just build a pair of Nelson Pass Claas A amplifiers. I will report on the results.

regards
juergen

paragon
03-09-2008, 02:32 PM
There is hum in the right channel. After 15 Minutes there is no hum at all.
Anything is working. Whats wrong ?
Wäre mein Englisch nicht so besch....!

Regards, Eckhard

rs237
03-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Hallo Eckhard,

was meinst du mit Hum (mein englisch ist auch besch...) ? Brummen ? 50 bzw 100Hz Netzbrummen ? Hat dein AMp getrennte Netzteile oder wenigstens getrennte Siebung für beude Kanäle ? Es snd bestimmt Elkos die an Kapazität verloren haben. Hast du einen Schaltung ?

Fragen, Fragen, Fragen, und du wolltest eigentlich eine Antwort.

mfg
juergen

What do you mean Hum (my English is also besch ...)? Hum? 50 or 100Hz hum? Did your AMp separate power supplies, or at least separate screening for both channels? It is intended to capacity electrolytic capacitors have lost. Do you have a schematic?

Questions, questions, questions, and you really wanted an answer.

regards
juergen

Hoerninger
03-09-2008, 02:58 PM
There is hum in the right channel. After 15 Minutes there is no hum at all.
Anything is working. Whats wrong ?

Hallo Eckhard,

it is an elko for shure, they get old and some day they are dead.
But is the hum influenced by volume control?

Is it noticable regargless of input channel, I mean always the same during the first 15 minutes? ( My old Grundig behaves this way, an elko in the power supply needs to be exchanged - but it is stored away.)

SMKSoundPro
03-09-2008, 09:47 PM
I have the service manual for the P2200 if needed.

PM me if desired.

Scotty.

paragon
03-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Here is a diagram from the net. Than you all !
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9233/yamahap2200schaltbild2ro3.th.png (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yamahap2200schaltbild2ro3.png)

Regards, Eckhard

rs237
03-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Hello Eckhard,

First I would C116 and C117 replace. R134 you should also check.

Regards

juergen

Hoerninger
03-12-2008, 06:12 AM
Eckhard, I'd do it just like Juergen. Choose a higher voltage for the C's, 25 to 35volts, C117 has been under severe pressure. (13volt x 1,4 - 1,4volt = 16,8volt bigger than 16volt ) Peter

rs237
03-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Eckhard, I'd do it just like Juergen. Choose a higher voltage for the C's, 25 to 35volts, C117 has been under severe pressure. (13volt x 1,4 - 1,4volt = 16,8volt bigger than 16volt ) Peter

Yes Peter , good Note. :thmbsup: Eckhard, also watch whether the Main Voltage Selector at 240 volts.

regards
juergen

paragon
03-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Thank you all,

I will check this later. Now i`m going down in the cellar to look for some caps (stored electronic parts:D).

Regards, Eckhard

SMKSoundPro
03-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Don't forget the connector pins in the bottom of the cards.

They tend to lose their solder connection, and become intermittent. Also cold solder joints on the boards, and don't forget to make sure the connections to the Power Supply caps are tight.

Your service manual and parts list were mailed Global Priority to you yesterday.

You should receive it by next week. Let me know that you have received it.

I really hope this helps.

Scotty.

Fred Sanford
03-14-2008, 05:22 AM
:applaud:

Thanks, Scott- very generous of you.

je

paragon
03-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks Scotty,

I will document all with pics.

SMKSoundPro
03-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Does anyone, off of the top of their collective heads, know where to buy the BI-PIN light bulbs for the meters?

I would like a couple of spares. 20 of them should do fine.

Scott.

SMKSoundPro
03-15-2008, 02:26 PM
ALSO,

Don't forget there are MANY Yamaha P2201 models out there!!!

I have 4 of them, and bought them brand new in 1980-1982.

They are exactly the same amp, without the meters.

A great bargain amp!!!!

Scott.

paragon
03-16-2008, 10:36 AM
No, but you may use similar ones or change to high power led`s as i did with this Hitachi HMA 7500.

Fred Sanford
03-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Does anyone, off of the top of their collective heads, know where to buy the BI-PIN light bulbs for the meters?

I would like a couple of spares. 20 of them should do fine.

Scott.

Any more details on these? I don't have the models with the meters, so don't know which bulbs you need.

Got the p2100 info in the mail today- many thanks, you're the best. I should be working on mine a week from tomorrow at my buddy's shop, if you've unearthed your 2100 & know the symptoms give us a call & we'll see if a diagnosis can be made.

je

jblnut
03-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I've bought lamps for the PC2002 and PC4002 from partsexpress.com. One is a "bayonnet" type which plugs into a socket and the other has two wire leads coming off which you thread into a little rubber carrier for the bulb. I bought 10-packs of each lamp for what Yamaha wanted for one bulb! Radioshack.com has a good variety of these too.

This is the kind with the leads:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?PartNumber=070-250

jblnut

paragon
03-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Got it !,

Thank you Scott:applaud: What i can say now, this is a very high quality power amp similar to Crown, Bose and others. Still working after 30 years !
Regards , Eckhard

hjames
03-18-2008, 01:04 PM
So you folks are big fans of the Yamaha P-2200 amp?
Do you consider it more a pro amp, or is it good for biamp low-end use (Is the bass nice and full??)

Fred Sanford
03-18-2008, 01:18 PM
So you folks are big fans of the Yamaha P-2200 amp?
Do you consider it more a pro amp, or is it good for biamp low-end use (Is the bass nice and full??)

I've got all P2100s, 4 of them, and have always used them for full- or high-range. A close friend bridged one and powered a 2245H-loaded sub for years and loved it.

For pro use I always used them in theater applications, quiet and transparent and realistic and reliable.

I've got one going in for repair next week, you can borrow it after that if you like, it's my spare.

je

paragon
03-18-2008, 01:33 PM
This is a pro amp !!
Sounds good !!
Use it !!

SMKSoundPro
03-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Yes Miss Heather, it is a very good amp for biamping!!!

I am using them upstairs here, and they just sound great to me.

I have one 2200 driving two 2245's and its nice. One 2200 for the l200b 2235, and one 2100 for the 2440/2309-2310 horn with a 3105 xover and 2405 slot.

Still have a couple extra hanging around. They are very different, and I believe, more of an amp than the 6230 I have. The 2200 has a serious power supply. Big soup can caps.

I used them to biamp my disco rig for years. But, music changed and I went to the crown macrotechs. More power, less rack realestate, more hump for the bump.

Always liked the 2200. I also have the 2050.

paragon
03-20-2008, 11:43 AM
C.. expla...
Mei..e Festpl... geht kap..
Viel.. kan. da. jema.. übersetz..

Gru., Eck..rd

really, just transfer all to an extern drive, still working (5 hours):baby:

Hoerninger
03-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Viel.. kan. da. jema.. übersetz..

"Maybe someone can translate ..."
First try:
Three - two - one - zero: Eckards HD will crash.
Last backup is still running.

PS: I hope the Yamaha is ok!

paragon
03-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Just hear it (Live Version).
Great !!:D

paragon
03-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Amp is still working. A little hum is heared your ear is very near at the K145. The JBL 6290 you can not use for Home HiFi, because of the cooling fan and the mechanical hum of the big transformer !

Regards Eckhard

hjames
03-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Ah, you folks shared too much of a good thing - now Mech snapped the one I wuz lookin at!
Well, it was nearly local for him - hope he got a good one!

Powerless over meters!

SMKSoundPro
03-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Ah, you folks shared too much of a good thing - now Mech snapped the one I wuz lookin at! Hope he got a good one!

Powerless over meters!
A very hearty "good Luck" in your quest!!!

Scotty.

paragon
05-07-2008, 01:27 PM
I heared this amp enough. The sound is very good.
Ich kann dieses Teil nur empfehlen !! :applaud:
Würde gern den 50`sten Birthday von mir und meiner Frau mit JBL und diesen Teilen realisieren. Was meint Ihr dazu ?

Gruß, Eckhard

Chris Brown
05-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Nice looking amp, the picture of the inside looks very similar to the inside of my M-2 (Which was also acquired in Germany!) :thmbsup:

Though I thought the P-2002 was the pro version of the M-2, The P-2002 and the P-2200 seem to have very similar specs; I wonder what the differences are?

r.kettenis
05-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Got my new (old) poweramp to drive my 4530 today.
Looks good, everything is working after 30 years.
Sounds like new.
I love this wide range analog peakmeters on old amps !:applaud:

Great amps !!!! I have two 2200's. One for my altec 816's with 3156 speakers in it. And one for my mid/hight speakers. The sound is great !! Someone wanted to shit me out with a DAP Audio amp. I sad uhmmmm ..... NOT....... The 2200's are wrilly good boys. i'm using them in combination with original yamaha F1030 frequency dividing networks.

Those peak meters are so cool. I allways read them when i'm going on a production.
At another place we ave allso one 2200 on tannoy SRM-15x loudspeakers. That allso sounds great !!

paragon
05-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes, this is a great amp i think two. And it`s similar to the "Home M2 amp" exept the meter. Yamaha realize the analog peak powermeters with an special IC. Range is about enormous 60 dB. And sensitivity is about 10 milliseconds.

BeDome
03-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Hey, I know I am resurrecting an ancient thread, but if anyone is still watching;

I have two of these awesome amplifiers that have bad/blown channels. I need to know where I can send them to have high quality work done on them to restore them to original specs.

I have taken one to a local pro audio tech and I was told to just toss this classic beauty and buy something newer (disposable) with twice the power.

I already have plenty of NEW power amps, but none of them can slam a complex impedance like these can.

Anyone know of a service tech who can save these babies?

mech986
03-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Hey, I know I am resurrecting an ancient thread, but if anyone is still watching;

I have two of these awesome amplifiers that have bad/blown channels. I need to know where I can send them to have high quality work done on them to restore them to original specs.

I have taken one to a local pro audio tech and I was told to just toss this classic beauty and buy something newer (disposable) with twice the power.

I already have plenty of NEW power amps, but none of them can slam a complex impedance like these can.

Anyone know of a service tech who can save these babies?

Welcome to Lansing Heritage! You're in Indianapolis? Yes, these are classic amps, deserving of being repaired and or rebuilt. They are oldies but goodies!

Go to Audiokarma.org and become a member there. Then search for member Avionic, he's in Fort Dodge, Iowa which isn't too far (500 miles) so shipping may not be awful, just pack them really well.

Here's his member info:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/member.php?u=14955

Or you could start a thread there to see who else might be recommended that may be closer or also can do the work, assuming you can ship. Another member is Echowars who is in Kansas City, Mo. But he is also very busy.

Regards,

Bart (mech986 here and at AK)

Lee in Montreal
03-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Hi Bedone. Welcome to the forum. Those amps are work horses. Anyone serious tech can work on those amps. There's nothing technically special in them. Some parts have been superceeded but can still be replaced. If the problem is with the output transistors, then replace them all. If one has failed, it has damaged another, and the next. I have two on-duty P2200, two on-duty PC2002, one on-duty PC1002 and a for-parts P2200. The ones that work are used on a daily basis.

I use the P2200s as 240wpc stereo amps and the PC2002s as 700w bridged mono amps. ;)

mech986
03-30-2013, 01:51 AM
Hi Bedone. Welcome to the forum. Those amps are work horses. Anyone serious tech can work on those amps. There's nothing technically special in them. Some parts have been superceeded but can still be replaced. If the problem is with the output transistors, then replace them all. If one has failed, it has damaged another, and the next. I have two on-duty P2200, two on-duty PC2002, one on-duty PC1002 and a for-parts P2200. The ones that work are used on a daily basis.

I use the P2200s as 240wpc stereo amps and the PC2002s as 700w bridged mono amps. ;)

Heh, one can NEVER have enough clean power!

BeDome
03-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Heh, one can NEVER have enough clean power!

Thanks for the insight fellas!

One I have was used constantly since I bought it new (I bought either the first or second one to arrive in my area at the time they just came out), until about two years ago when one channel went down. F'ing KILLER service from a piece of gear!!

I then switched it out with another (newer, but basically the same era) which had done ten years of hard day to day road use. That one went about four months (after hibernating in a road case for a number of years) before one channel "went dead" on that one (Different, however, because it just buzzes at 70v - maybe just a cap or two and not the entire output banks?)

I will try to contact one of these guys.

I am disgusted with the level if disregard I get from local "techs" (at Guitar Center? REALLY! how many super classics do they have on their racks!) telling me not to bother with these amps.

Thanks!

BeDome
03-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Wow, registration is suspended by the administrator ...

Hopefully they are just backing up the forum. I will try again later.

BeDome
04-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Welcome to Lansing Heritage! You're in Indianapolis? Yes, these are classic amps, deserving of being repaired and or rebuilt. They are oldies but goodies!

Go to Audiokarma.org and become a member there. Then search for member Avionic, he's in Fort Dodge, Iowa which isn't too far (500 miles) so shipping may not be awful, just pack them really well.

Here's his member info:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/member.php?u=14955

Or you could start a thread there to see who else might be recommended that may be closer or also can do the work, assuming you can ship. Another member is Echowars who is in Kansas City, Mo. But he is also very busy.

Regards,

Bart (mech986 here and at AK)

I really appreciate the fact that you shared that info, but apparently that site is closing or something ... It is no longer allowing new member registrations.

WTF!!

Anyone else have any ideas?

mech986
04-04-2013, 04:12 AM
I really appreciate the fact that you shared that info, but apparently that site is closing or something ... It is no longer allowing new member registrations.

WTF!!

Anyone else have any ideas?

I've PM'ed you with his email. Apparently, Audiokarma is preparing for a new server migration so they are not able to process new registrations for a while. I'll post back here when that is done, meanwhile you can contact Avionic through email.

r.kettenis
06-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Hi Guys,

Sorry for reopening this thread. If necessary, start a new thread.

I have a number of Yamaha power amps for a while now. One P2100 and two P2200's. They work perfectly and I have never problems with them. There mounted in a big flightcase with active an self made active cooling system.

Well now my question. One of my P2200 had XLR as speaker outputs. Someone in the past built them in. Because the hole is already there, I replace them with speakon. Nothing difficult. But, opening the amp was giving me a new view over all of the parts with a layer of dirt on them. And, I saw that the voltage switch is on 220V. Shouldn't it be on 240V? The AC supply in The Netherlands is around 230V.

So there are two questions.

1. Should I remove the dirt in the amp even if its working perfectly? There is no hum or anything. Just working perfectly.
2. Should I set the voltage selector to 240V?

Thanks for reading my post!

Robert.

detroit-rock
06-11-2014, 09:47 AM
AWESOME amps.
And love the meters :)
I can always use another one ( hint hint)

Lee in Montreal
06-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Now that the cover is removed, I suggest getting rid of that dust. I like starting with a vacuum cleaner and a brush. That shall get rid of most of the dust, then finish off with some compressed air.

I have three P2200, two PC2002 and one PC1002. I noticed that the P2200 have burnt bulbs. I will look into changing them with same size LEDs, most likely 12v. I will remove a dead bulb from one of my for-parts P2200 and look into the supplier below

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Lee

Lee in Montreal
06-11-2014, 10:13 AM
BTW If anybody has a big round power supply for a P2200, please let me know ;-)

mech986
06-11-2014, 12:29 PM
AWESOME amps.
And love the meters :)
I can always use another one ( hint hint)

Hi Detroit-Rock, and welcome to LH! Do you need the metered P2200 or non-metered P2201? How many do you need? Can we assume you are in Detroit or elsewhere?

Lee, did you have a unit blow up or fail?

Lee in Montreal
06-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Lee, did you have a unit blow up or fail? I didn't blow on me. I bought it for cheap, like that. I had all output transistors changed but forgot to check the power supply. ;)

detroit-rock
06-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Thanks mech986.
PM sent. :)

r.kettenis
06-12-2014, 12:07 AM
Now that the cover is removed, I suggest getting rid of that dust. I like starting with a vacuum cleaner and a brush. That shall get rid of most of the dust, then finish off with some compressed air.

Yes, that will do the job I think.

Anyone has answer on the 220/240 volt question? :)

martin2395
06-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Hi Robert, I know a guy who knows a lot about the professional amps from Yamaha, especially the P2200 (BTW, I also had one -loved it).
He also does some mods to make them sound better.

You can find him on Audiofreaks(dot)nl forum by the name "Jerry". He lives in Tilburg.

r.kettenis
06-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Ah, oke nice! Thanks for the advice. I'm a member of Audiofreaks so I will sent him a message.

Ruediger
06-27-2014, 11:48 AM
Yes, that will do the job I think.

Anyone has answer on the 220/240 volt question? :)

All the voltages are defined as +/- 10 %. In Europe by now we have 230 Volts +/- 10 %.

If you select 220 Volts at the amp and feed it with more (230 Volts) then some components in the amp may get overtaxed with too high voltage.

If you select 240 Volts at the amp and feed it with less (230 Volts) then the amp will clip sooner, but nothing will break.

If the amp has a regulated power supply (I bet it doesn't) then with 240 Volts selected there may be insufficient regulator reserve.

Select 240 Volts.

Ruediger

r.kettenis
06-29-2014, 01:09 AM
Thanks!

The amps are now switch t to 240V. Last Friday had a wedding party. Setup was two Yamaha P2200 and two Yamaha F1030 crossovers. Speakers where Altec 8254, but with 3156's in it for the bass, for MF and HF I used two Tannoy Puma's (first series). Sound was great. People came to me because they were not familiar with such a sound on party's. Also did the Lights with 8 Par 64 and 8 Par 56 and some special effects.

martin2395
06-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Nice vintage PA gear :)

I wonder how do the F1030's sound, it looks like they use trafo's on the XLR outputs.

06-29-2014, 03:42 PM

You are in luck, there's one on ebay right now, and in Canada no less.

eBay item number:

Not cheap!

martin2395
06-29-2014, 06:51 PM
And it's 100V too :p

r.kettenis
06-29-2014, 11:26 PM
Nice vintage PA gear :)

I wonder how do the F1030's sound, it looks like they use trafo's on the XLR outputs.

Thanks!

I like the sound of the F1030's but i'm looking for something else. Not because of the sound but they are in bad shape and for the most, the lowest cross frequency is 250 Hz. I want to experiment with lower cross to 80Hz or something. Also want to combine the 8254's with Altec 816 and a 511B horn. In that case I want the 816 to do the full low-mid range. It is possible with the F1040's in three way (lowest cross to 80Hz) but when you use those in two way setup the lowest cross is 500 Hz.

So, looking for new Vintage active crossovers.

martin2395
06-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Robert, I use BSS FDS-360 crossover in my setup with the 4343's at home the only drawback is that it uses fixed frequency cards so to change the x-over frequency you have to solder different capacitors en resistors.

If you need something modern you might want to take a look at the DBX 223/224 gear but I think that they are no match to an older, but high end unit (assuming it's still working within the spec).
I'd avoid Behringer and other el-cheapo gear as they are sometimes noisy and doesn't sound well.

By the way - do you have any cooling fans on the back of your rack?

r.kettenis
06-30-2014, 01:15 PM
I mostly work with Vintage equipment so the new crossover will have to be vintage to. In the F1030 are also cards so maybe I can change them there. But, a lot of effort when just trying what sounds best.

I have two big cooling fans under the lowest Amp and two big ones that blow headed air out of the case so there is a good airflow true the cooling fins of the amps. I can let them give full power for many hours without overheating so that is good. That is also the reason why the crossovers are not together in the case but one under and one in the upper. It is because there are the cooling fans and the crossovers are not so deep into the case.

Lee in Montreal
07-01-2014, 12:09 PM
You are in luck, there's one on ebay right now, and in Canada no less. Thanks for the hint. Not too far from me either. But yeah. Not cheap. And the guy "thinks" it fits a P2200. I will have to ask him where it comes from. and most likley, the same transformer, he will sell on Kijiji for cheaper ;-)

BeDome
07-11-2014, 03:03 PM
I love the Yamaha gear as much as the next guy, I have three P2200s, a P2201, two P2100s, three P2050s, two thirty one band EQs, a digital reverb/echo unit and a P2040 all working still. (I have to admit to also owning two p2200s and one P2201 which have failed)

But what would be wrong with subbing in a Crown VFX-2 for instance.
They have continuously variable crossover points (I use one in my bi-amped sub system crossed at 22Hz), plenty of clean voltage to drive anything. You are stuck with two way, but two of them makes a nice three way set up.
I have six of them; four that I had bought new and two from eBay sellers and never had a single sniffle from any one of them.

I can see the appeal of owning a vintage all Yamaha system, so if that is it, then I bow out.

TriadGuy
08-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Hi All....

Newbie to this forum...

I have a near mint P2200 missing a Volume knob.

Can anyone direct me to where I can get one.....sell me one? I would actually take 2.

I absolutely love reading all the posts

Thanks!!

Lee in Montreal
08-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Hi All....

Newbie to this forum...

Can anyone direct me to where I can get one.....sell me one? I would actually take 2.

Thanks!!

Have you checked eBay?

TriadGuy
08-16-2018, 06:53 AM
Have you checked eBay?

Every day

Lee in Montreal
08-17-2018, 08:11 AM
P2200 used to be a dime a dozen. But it looks like the vintage hype has caught up. I bought many P2200 and P2002 a few years ago for around $200.00 in great shape. They now cost a bit more nowadays and I am surprised that spares aren't more widely available.

Had you been local to me, I would have sold you a complete P2200 without transformer. Not taking it apart. It now sits at the bottom of the rack w/ a pair of P2200 and another pair of P2002. And a P1002. They are all used on daily basis. ;-)

mech986
08-19-2018, 03:06 AM
Hi All....

Newbie to this forum...

Thanks!!

Where are you located? There are a number of Yamaha amps and units of that era that have knobs that should fit. The PC2002, P2100, P2050 etc. have similar knobs. Look for a parts unit that may be close to you. There's one on Ebay here in Burbank that's decently cheap but shipping to you may add a lot. Little known but I think the F1030 and F1040 active crossover filter networks also have similar knobs although I can't say for certain without checking the part numbers in the service manuals of both units.