PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd Laser Light Show

invstbiker
02-24-2008, 10:54 AM
My Son gave me two tickets to the PFLLS for Christmas. Well, last night was the concert here at the Dodge Theater in PHX. Went with a buddy of mine as the wife doesn't like PF. Seats were in section 2, row 2 and off to the right hand side of the stage. Great seats for a live show, but not so great for this concert. Show started with "TIME" then "MONEY", etc. The bass was so intense that my pants were rattling. All I could feel was the bass. Intermission came and I walked up to the line of speakers labeled JBL. Nothing I recognized but very large. We decided to move to the back, second level in the middle right behind the sound guys. This seating was much better as now we had a left and right channel, BUT the bass was way to strong. The guy at the controls reminded me of the bobble head doll, tweaking the controls on every song head a bobbin' with every bass beat. Do these sound guys have a clue? Can they not hear the imbalance? I actually thought of sliding the guy a piece of paper to adjust the bass level. Anyway, would have sounded better on my HI-FI. The laser lights were cool though and everyone had 3D glasses that were given out. Has anybody else seen this show?

4313B
02-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Do these sound guys have a clue?Nope...

johnaec
02-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Do they use a live "copy" band, or was it prerecorded music?

John

invstbiker
02-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Do they use a live "copy" band, or was it prerecorded music?

John

Pre-recorded