PDA

View Full Version : I doubt you'll regret it !

richluvsound
02-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm thinking this is for the more forward thinking of you ! Heather, Widget in
particular. There may be a lot of others that may enjoy them. You tube is a great place to sample stuff. But , then again what do the English know about music anyway ?:D

www.myspace.com/buildanarkdawn

Rich

hjames
02-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Sure - but what can you tell me about "Rosebud" - the album by Winona (not the Judd!!), a group featuring Craig Armstrong and Scott Fraser. I know Cocteau Twins was shoegazer music, but I liked Fraser's sound, and the stuff Armstrong did with Paul Buchannan ...
His mix for Liz Fraser's "This Love" beats heck out of Bryan Ferry's version (much as I like Ferry's stuff like Horoscope or "Always Unknown")! And what he did for Bas on Moulin Rouge

ya can't FIND that stuff over here ....

Hi Folks,

I'm thinking this is for the more forward thinking of you ! Heather, Widget in
particular. There may be a lot of others that may enjoy them. You tube is a great place to sample stuff. But , then again what do the English know about music anyway ?:D

www.myspace.com/buildanarkdawn (http://www.myspace.com/buildanarkdawn)

Rich

Mr. Widget
02-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Just checked it out... very cool. Added to my buy list.

Widget

Krunchy
03-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Build an ark. sounded wonderful Rich, thank you ! :applaud: have you had a chance to hear other recordings from them, are they in similar vein more or less?

richluvsound
03-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Build an ark. sounded wonderful Rich, thank you ! :applaud: have you had a chance to hear other recordings from them, are they in similar vein more or less?

Hey Krunchy,

glad you liked it . I have only heard itune samples of their other stuff -not taken the plunge yet. There are some other things I'm trying to track down on ECM. You might want to check out THE CINEMATIC ORCHESTRA. Cinematic have a live at the Royal Albert Hall coming out here in April. :applaud:

Rich

Krunchy
03-07-2008, 05:12 AM
Will certainly look into the cinematic orchestra stuff. I couldnt stop listening to the dawn link last night :D, so I went ahead on the dawn and peace with every step cd's (there were only two of their releases on amazon?).
Cant wait to get them :bouncy:
Went ahead with Into the Labyrinth as well, different but interesting.

Thanks again :applaud:

richluvsound
03-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Krunchy,

Dead Can Dance started in the eighties. They are primarily known as a Gothic band. Lisa Gerrard is an academic musician ,in as much as she studies historical and world music and brings it back to the studio to play with. I found the engineering on this CD to be really top draw. Track 2 , a solo by Lisa Gerrard -one of my favorites- will soon show up a crappy diaphram- She has a wonderfully controlled range. It may not be everyone's cup of tea ,but for me ithis CD has everything that I look for in a listening experience. Female vocals do it for me , hey, maybe I didn't get enough love from my Mom:( The Dude has a pretty good voice too !

Rich

Krunchy
03-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm game, willing to give almost anything a shot, sometimes its a hit sometimes its a miss but thats part of the fun too.
I think most people like good female vocals, the good ones seem to touch something inside us all.

Lowerleveled-lava-jazz!? (someone's description of CO)
Checked out a couple of soundbytes of CO's ma fleur (march 2007) on amazon and it sounds very nice, also listened to Everyday, they're both on the cross hairs.

;)

Krunchy
03-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Rich!
Had a chance to listen to CO's Ma Fleur, Every Day & Motion cd's and have been having a real good time with them, very well recorded, sound great on the big boys. :)

richluvsound
03-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Krunchy,

Cool, I'm glad you like it . I listened to it yesterday - everything I have by them. It puts me place I find hard to leave. I usually just let the everything go silent and think. Sometimes paint ; sometimes if I'm lucky and I have company;)

they have a another CD "live at the Barbican 2007" not sure if you can get it there !

Rich

cooky1257
04-01-2008, 10:07 AM
; sometimes if I'm lucky and I have company;)

Rich

Rich, That phrase conjured up an image of Leslie Phillips wearing a cravaat.."ding, dong ..."

richluvsound
04-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Cooky,

Great, I don't think the irony was waisted on our krunchy either .:p

Rich