PDA

View Full Version : The "Ignore" button

Rolf
02-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi all friends.

I have been wondering what this function are doing. To this point I have just used it ones, but the person in question has only done one post, so I wonder what will happen if I sett Widget (Widget ... just an example, I will NEVER do it) on ignore.

How do this thing works?

boputnam
02-19-2008, 05:20 PM
I have not used it either.

However, it has been described to me that when used, it only makes the actual ignoree's post disappear, although you will still see an interruption to the thread made by the ignoree. But the content of the post will not be shown.

It has been described as "inadequate". I just ignore tiresome posts.

Fred Sanford
02-19-2008, 07:26 PM
It makes things look like this, it comes in handy some times:

Rolf
02-20-2008, 01:43 AM
OK. I got it.

Thanks.:)

hjames
02-20-2008, 03:24 AM
Yeah -
still not at satisfying as the "Dump this Chump" button ... (for spammers).

richluvsound
02-20-2008, 03:54 AM
A few good people spent alot of time making this Forum happen for us all to use. The key thing I try to remember went posting is " this aint my private blog" If it did become that for me ,I'd have to look at my self and realize how selfish and self-absorbed I was being. Its great to see some of the guys posting that have been offline for a while. These are the guys that give this forum the meat it deserves. Its wonderful to see the forum with energy again.
I just want to do what I can to contribute to that momentum. Bottom line " I put the forum before my own needs and whims.

Rich

JBL 4645
02-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Hi all friends.

I have been wondering what this function are doing. To this point I have just used it ones, but the person in question has only done one post, so I wonder what will happen if I sett Widget (Widget ... just an example, I will NEVER do it) on ignore.

How do this thing works?

LOL oh he’s going to love you for that Rolf, :D it’s a bit too early yet for Aprils Fools. By the way, I’m not on that list am I? LOL

And lastly I’ve only used it once last year when myself and Seawolf where getting mocked by a local Storm…LOL
:rotfl:

Zilch
02-20-2008, 05:03 PM
If "Ignore" function told the ignoree who was ignoring them, it would be, uhmmm, "Liberating...." :D

Fred Sanford
02-20-2008, 06:51 PM
If "Ignore" function told the ignoree who was ignoring them, it would be, uhmmm, "Liberating...." :D

I'd settle for a quantity, so you (uh, I mean, "they") could see a sudden flurry of "ignore" coming your (uh, I mean, "their") way after a particularly bad set of posts.

je

hjames
02-20-2008, 07:03 PM

Maybe its time to start a thread - Who's on IGNORE (and WHY!)

Rolf
02-21-2008, 01:57 AM
LOL oh he’s going to love you for that Rolf, :D it’s a bit too early yet for Aprils Fools. By the way, I’m not on that list am I? LOL

And lastly I’ve only used it once last year when myself and Seawolf where getting mocked by a local Storm…LOL
:rotfl:

You are not on my ignore list. You must know this, as I said the person in question have done only one post. You have done more than one post. Haven't you?:blink:

JBL 4645
02-21-2008, 08:52 AM
You are not on my ignore list. You must know this, as I said the person in question have done only one post. You have done more than one post. Haven't you?:blink:

I have wow I shall keep it up then, thanks Rolf. :)

Just one post, I guess there’s no clue as to who the culprit is then?? :D

duaneage
03-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I think nightbrace was on everyone's ignore list for a while.

Ian Mackenzie
03-14-2008, 10:50 PM
I think the best option is to delete (another name for ignore thread button) your subscription to thread(s) that you no longer want to participate in.:)

Fred Sanford
03-15-2008, 04:59 AM
I think the best option is to delete (another name for ignore thread button) your subscription to thread(s) that you no longer want to participate in.:)

Unfortunately, I've found that it's often a thread that I do want to participate in, just a poster I don't want to wade through time after time.

Pretty sure I've said it here before, they remind me of "seagulls". We used to call upper-level managers at MCI/Worldcom "seagulls" because-

They'd always show up uninvited
They'd interrupt the intended proceedings
They'd make a disproportionate amount of noise
They'd consume everything in sight
They'd crap all over everything
They'd stay long past their welcome
They'd eventually fly awaySeagulls. Can't shoot 'em, so it's best to ignore 'em & try to hide the best donuts.

je

Rolf
03-15-2008, 11:15 AM

Yes. You are good at that.

Ian Mackenzie
03-15-2008, 06:37 PM
How would you know? I currently have dozens of subscriptions on various forums.

The point being the infux of noise into the email bin.