PDA

View Full Version : Scott LK 72 VS MAC MX 110/MC 240 Shootout Over A JBL Paragon

SUPERBEE
02-17-2008, 04:09 AM
Well....

I have been wanting to try some big MAC stuff over my JBL Paragon for EVER!! and finally I scored a really nice, one owner MAC 240/ MX 110 set up. Well I hooked everything up tonight and will post results here over the next few days.

doodlebug
02-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi SB,

Contgratulations on the Mac gear. I've got a couple of MX-110s myself and can attest to their ability to sing. If yours are all-original and you intend to use them in that condition, please monitor the heat on the power transformers and watch the output tubes for any red-glowing plates. My philosophy is that its a matter of _when_ they will fail, not _if_.

I can also attest to the sonic improvements and reliability for the rebuilding of both units. It is then that you'll begin to understand what they are capable of.

Cheers,

David

SUPERBEE
02-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Well....

So far the LK 72 is totally standing up to the MAC gear. This is interesting considering you can find a good LK-72 for around $300 and the MAC MX 110/MC 240 set up will run you at least $2,000

I think in my rig the equalizer is just that, I have a McIntosh MQ 101 EQ and it seems to really be doing a number with the Scott.

It is almost a dead heat!http://www.rockysrubberroom.com/forum/images/smilies/4l766mp.gif