PDA

View Full Version : just dug out some 4313Bs and they need some work

ArtistRoy
02-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I bought these 4313B for $10 each. I knew the foam needed to be repaired but at the time the only info suggested jbl was the only place. The repair was too costly at the time. It's been a few years and now I've done some research and found many kits. Any suggestions on the best ones. Also I see the cone has detached partial from one of the coils. I may try a diy fix. What glue do I need. If it fails I can order a cone repair kit.

If that's not enough one of the boxes must have been dropped the miter is seprating on the bottom edge. I have always wanted to build a enclosure with good speakers and crossovers and this might be the chance. A small TQWT horn system for the bass and tweeking the xover and using the rest of the speakers up front. I'm not worried about the math or woodworking. I've built a few speakers back in the 70's but with cheap componets. anyway something for you all to think about.

I hope this isn't too foolish.

I'm running a heathkit(valve) int amp and realistic lab 400 turntable, CDs with a rotel 1055 changer and klipsch quartets(bought new in 89) so a mix of odds and ends. small room and the bass is a little much.

boputnam
02-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Any suggestions on the best ones.JBL are the only ones recommended here, as done by an authorized reconer. We have a few here on the forum...

I have always wanted to build a enclosure with good speakers and crossovers and this might be the chance. A small TQWT horn system for the bass and tweeking the xover and using the rest of the speakers up front. I'm not worried about the math or woodworking. I've built a few speakers back in the 70's but with cheap componets. anyway something for you all to think about.

I hope this isn't too foolish.But then, it wouldn't be a 4313B. That would be a shame, and possibly quite foolish. That is one special cabinet around these parts, pard'. :yes: