PDA

View Full Version : "Thriller" to be Re-released for It's 25th Anniversary

toddalin
02-12-2008, 10:27 AM
For it's 25th anniversary, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" will be remixed and re-released. "Thriller" held the No. 1 spot for 37 weeks in 1982 - '83. It was the last (maybe only?) album to be released on vinyl, tape, and CD simultaneously. Remixes are performed by will.i.am and Kanye West.

I just wish it were to be in SACD or DVD-Audio. :(

jblnut
02-13-2008, 05:33 PM
I just had it on the turntable last weekend. My wife and I were cranking some 80's tunes while the kids were out of the house. It's a very well recorded and produced album that highlights the king of pop at his peak.

No need for SACD - the vinyl sounds great ! :applaud:

jblnut

For it's 25th anniversary, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" will be remixed and re-released. "Thriller" held the No. 1 spot for 37 weeks in 1982 - '83. It was the last (maybe only?) album to be released on vinyl, tape, and CD simultaneously. Remixes are performed by will.i.am and Kanye West.

I just wish it were to be in SACD or DVD-Audio. :(

macaroonie
02-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Where is he living these days ?

toddalin
02-13-2008, 07:03 PM
I just had it on the turntable last weekend. My wife and I were cranking some 80's tunes while the kids were out of the house. It's a very well recorded and produced album that highlights the king of pop at his peak.

No need for SACD - the vinyl sounds great ! :applaud:

jblnut

Agreed the original sounds fantastic. :coolness:

However, a surround mix would be a nice change and I would buy another for the difference. If it were released in SACD stereo (not surround), I would not buy it just for the new mix as it already sounds great. In fact, I don't have any SACD that is just stereo.

JBL 4645
02-13-2008, 07:14 PM

Last time I saw wacko, he was dangling a baby over railing. :blink:

I liked thriller when it was shown on channel 4 here in the UK around the time of it’s realise, it was shown after 9 or 10pm at night because, it was so creepy.

No more, creepy now than it was then, the freak.:D
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39696000/jpg/_39696435_jackson203.jpg

KromeDome
02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Agreed the original sounds fantastic. :coolness:

However, a surround mix would be a nice change and I would buy another for the difference. If it were released in SACD stereo (not surround), I would not buy it just for the new mix as it already sounds great. In fact, I don't have any SACD that is just stereo.

Thriller is on my short list of reference albums. Quincy Jones and Bruce Swedien were a formidable team for sure. I am looking forward to checking this out. I sure hope the new issue doesn't sound too Black Eye Peedifed... :blink:

toddalin
02-13-2008, 08:41 PM

From his Santa Barbara residence paperwork:

JACKSON, MICHAEL J
4770 DEXTER ST NW
WASHINGTON DC 20007

Lots of musicians are freaks! I know, I lived with some in the '70s! Most just don't get the publicity "The King of Pop" gets, so you don't know of their antics.

Jim Morrison (among others) did his share of freaky things too including public on-stage nudity and drugs.

duaneage
04-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Thriller is on my short list of reference albums. Quincy Jones and Bruce Swedien were a formidable team for sure. I am looking forward to checking this out. I sure hope the new issue doesn't sound too Black Eye Peedifed... :blink:
I liked the production team of Jones and Swedien as well. They did The Brothers Johnson albums, Patti Austin, and a few others. The Light up the Night album was done with what Bruce called his Accusonic process, generally a pretty good imaging album.