PDA

View Full Version : Clone XPL200A / Anyone willing to help with a few measurements?

VSN
02-07-2008, 08:51 AM
After many months of being an outsider, I have finally become part of the LH forum and this is my first post, so go easy on me guys....

I am starting to draw up plans to build a set of XPL200A clones, and I need a few cabinet measurements to avoid wing'n it.

Hopefully Pasadena, Ti Dome or some other XPL200 member would be willing to take a few moments with a tape measure, or at least point me to a post I overlooked which might help in my efforts. I will not worry about bi-amping until they are built.....

The few DIMs I need are:

Set Back Distance of Upper Baffle from Lower Baffle?

Center point of 115H-1 from floor?

Center point of 093Ti from floor?

Port Diameter and length?

Cabinet size is known, any other 'tips'?

Thanks so much for your help,
Vintage Stereo Nut

johnaec
02-07-2008, 11:25 AM
I'll try to get some measurements - give me a couple days...

John

Don C
02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
A minute spent searching pulled up this:
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2949

VSN
02-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Just goes to show rookies don't know how to search...

One detail I did not see in the various links is the bass port diameter and length. Any help?

And many BIG thanks for helping a blind man see,
Bruce

sourceoneaudio
02-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Seems we just had this same discussion on the 16th. :p

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19674

Robh3606
02-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Hello VSN

Are you completely scratch building?? Are you building the crossovers?? If you are it would be a good idea to have some attenuation available on the 093ti. The stock crossover on the 200A only has attenuation on the 046ti.
Try doing a search. This has already been worked out and could be built it as a fixed step attenuator that can be switched in like on the 046.

Rob:)

http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2367&pp=15&highlight=XPL200

VSN
02-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Yes, a complete ground up build! I saw a few threads on the 'ear bleeding' midrange, and someone posted a few resistor values to give -1db & -2db. I would most likely install a switchable control as I too fail to like over powering midrange...

Of course all of this could change if a pair drops in my lap.....

Got to run, as I am an hour behind schedule to go pick up a pristine set of 250Ti only 80 miles away!:)

Cheers!

Don C
02-09-2008, 11:44 PM
The ports on mine are 3.0 inches inside diameter, 4.0 inches long. Mine are the first version, not the A model. I've wondered if the tuning on the A model was any different, so we'll still hope that Johnaec remembers to measure the ports on his.

johnaec
02-10-2008, 11:27 AM
'Just checked - "A" series is the same 3" dia. x 4" long.

John

VSN
02-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Cool beans guys, THANKS

From what little I know the only real difference between the 200 & 200A is the 093Ti versus the 095Ti, which are really very comparable. All of you know the T030 is a great alternate once the crossover is removed from the case…..

Can’t say I know what I have, 093 or 095, nor does the difference make a hill of beans. I’m less of a ‘collector’ and more of a ‘does it sound good’ type of guy, while we all would love to have the original.

Even after picking up a set of very nice 250Ti, I plan on making another set as having a model makes it all too easy to have more than one pair…..

Maybe these posts will even flush out of local pair of XPL200 I can purchase….

Thanks again for your help,
Bruce