PDA

View Full Version : Opened Up the Center Channel Center Wall Today

toddalin
01-29-2008, 07:21 PM
The center channel cabinet houses the center channel and the sub woofer each in a 4 cu ft cabinet. The center channel includes a 2235, an LE175, and 075. One 15" (W15GTI) is used as a sub. A center chamber of 2 cu ft connected to each outter cabinet and vented out the baffle. The chambers were interconnected with 4" dia, 9" pvc. The three ports to the baffle were originally 9" also and subsequently increased to 13".

The cabinet originally used two 130As before the woofer changeout.

Today I cut away the center divider between the 2235 side and the center chamber making a 6 cu ft cabinet for the 2235 and removing the PVC and sealing the port to the W15GTI isolating it. I returned the (now) two ports in the 6 cu ft side to their 9" length except I left the W15GTI baffle port 13". I have a plug in one of the two 9" ports in the 6 cu ft side to best match the L200 cabinets' 7.5" ports. (BTW, the crossover controls are accessed through the center port so the speaker can be tuned in position against the wall.)

After dinner I'll put the movie screen back on the speaker and am hoping for good things from the 2235.

http://www.largescaleonline.com/eimages/lsolpics/Team_Member_Pics/toddalin/center-2235-w15gti.jpg