PDA

View Full Version : Foam bass port cover UREI 809A

Nick Batzdorf
01-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Part number 45-14613

Does anybody know where to find replacement foam for the ports on 809As? Better yet, any ideas about where to get foam I can cut as a replacement?

I assume that the pressure is higher inside the box when you use the foam, or they wouldn't have bothered including it. It must make some difference, or companies like Tannoy wouldn't include foam "bungs" (yuk yuk) to go in the holes of their monitors.

Right? Or is it just for decoration...

TIA

doodlebug
01-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Nick,

I've got a set of the original foam inserts in mine but it appears to me that the foam isn't anything except porous. Its a bit brittle to the touch, though. Same with the 813s I have, too. I have been known to blow the things off the speakers when I do something stoopid like unplug the power amp's input terminals with it on and the speakers connected.

I'd suggest some of that material you get for furnace filters. There's a shop here that actually makes up industrial filters to spec and their inventory is really good for stuff like that. I doubt you'll find it at the big-box lumber stores, though.

BTW, love your magazine.....:thmbsup:

Cheers,

David

sonofagun
01-30-2008, 08:43 AM
I can probably supply what you need.