PDA

View Full Version : Need help with N2600 and 075

mlr
01-23-2008, 06:00 AM
Hi.

I bought a set of 075's and N2600 crossovers that were supposed to be working fine. They came with a pair of D123's out of a set of C38 cabinets.

The D123's worked great. The 075's both have good reading on my ohm meter. However, when I hook the 075's to the crossovers, I get no reading at the crossover output terminals.

I don't have anything attached to the LF terminals on the crossovers. Do these N2600's require an LF connection in order to function, or are these 2 units defective?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike

subwoof
01-23-2008, 07:33 AM
"However, when I hook the 075's to the crossovers, I get no reading at the crossover output terminals."

Do you mean no sound or no reading on your meter??

there is a series cap that will prevent your DC ohmmeter from reading the 075's.

Run audio into the crossover and see if it works.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10

mlr
01-23-2008, 09:25 AM
OK. I get a reading on my meter at the 075's directly, and at the HF output posts on the crossover when the 075's are connected.
No meter reading at the crossover input posts when 075's are connected.

I'll apply some juice to the crossover posts and see if I get any sound. Guess I should've tried that already. Duh. Thanks.

Mike

mlr
01-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Well, that did the trick!

I knew adding the 075's would enhance the sound, but I really had no idea how much those little buggers would improve my set-up. Very, very pleased! Thanks so very much 'subwoof' for your help!

FYI: My 'set-up' is 2 Altec A5's (515-16C LF 16" baskets, 288-16G HF Drivers, 805B horns), with JBL 075's. I've been trying various amps to see what I like the best. I had a MAC 1500, and a big Altec tube amp niether of which I cared for much. Right now I'm using a single JBL UREI 6230 in Stereo, which sounds fantastic. I have a second 6230, and I think I'll try running one amp for each side.
From what I've read here, and elsewhere, as well as what friends have told me I guess tri-amping is the way to go. All the same, I'm very, very pleased with what I'm getting right now.

Anyhoo... thanks very much for your help. Take care.

Regards,
Mike