PDA

View Full Version : JBLD123's for guitar cabinet?

theorymatt
01-15-2008, 07:40 PM
I know that others have used D123's for guitar cabinets, however, I am wondering what kind of cabinet you would use. I prefer sealed cabinets, but am unsure that the D123 would like that very much, and also am worried that the correct cabinet would be too large to hulk around or to gain inside-the-house approval. In addition, I have read in other posts that the D123's are 8ohms, regardless of their 16ohm labeling. Any thoughts or advice on either of these issues?

spkrman57
01-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I measured (WT2) mine before it left for a new home.

D123
Revc 6.8 ohms
Fs 52 hz
Qes .6
Qms 6.2
Qts .56
Le .6 mH

Hope this helps. And yes, mine were labled as 16 ohm also!

Regards, Ron

I know that others have used D123's for guitar cabinets, however, I am wondering what kind of cabinet you would use. I prefer sealed cabinets, but am unsure that the D123 would like that very much, and also am worried that the correct cabinet would be too large to hulk around or to gain inside-the-house approval. In addition, I have read in other posts that the D123's are 8ohms, regardless of their 16ohm labeling. Any thoughts or advice on either of these issues?

theorymatt
01-16-2008, 08:49 PM
thanks, those are pretty near the specs I found on a JBL spec sheet online somewhere. For the cabinet I suppose it will be trial and error......