PDA

View Full Version : JBL L-150's Anyone?........Anyone?....

SUPERBEE
01-09-2008, 11:54 PM
I just got a set. These suckers are big and heavy! I will fire them up this weekend with a little Marantz 2235. Any feedback or thoughts on these??

SUPERBEE
01-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Mine sound much better with a larger amp (200-300w)... not saying they won't sound
good with the Marantz receiver, just not what they're capable of. -grumpy

They look like they would enjoy gobs of power. This is the only "Spare" receiver/amp I have right now and I probably wont be keeping the L 150's. Just looking for anyones take on them

jay
01-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I had L150's for a time. You're right, they like lots of clean power.

If you want to easily increase the bass output to truly impressive levels, simply remove the weights from the back of the passive radiators. In fact you won't really know what these speakers are capable of until you do. :blink:

Next up the difficulty scale, they will sound more "alive" if you replace the restrictive stock crossovers with L150A crossovers. I think L112 crossovers are the same. Check to make sure. Both show up on eBay frequently. It would be best to change the 033 tweeters to 044's at the same time, but it isn't strictly necessary.

Do these things, and you'll have speakers that rank among JBL's most impressive ever, with bass that will rattle you right down to your soles. ;)

LuvOldJBL
03-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Ha! I was looking at this site for more information and it appears that I bought the L150s from Superbee on Thursday, March 18, 2010. On Friday, I dropped them off at Orange County Speaker for refoam, dust cap repair and full sweep test. When I get them back, I'll re-oil with Watco Dark Walnut Danish Oil, might use the Watco wax and will touch up the black paint. Superbee is a cool kat with a JBL working museum!