PDA

View Full Version : Control 10 Monitors.

spaceman
01-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here, so thought I'd introduce myself. :wave: Oooh, I see you have some good smilies to play with. :scoot: :D Anyways, I just picked up a pair of Control 10 Monitors today, really cheap/needing work, but don't see much on the internet about them, other than the technical specs page at jblpro. Does anyone here have any comments or opinions about them? TIA. Oh, I was steered over here by Zilch, so if I get too unruly, just blame him, lol. ;)

JBL 4645
01-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Welcome spaceman.:)

Consider it done.:D

You lucky bugger JBL Control 10, :applaud: I heard a pair of this around some guys home, or rather they belonged to his room mate, back around 1990, I wouldn’t mind a pair or four of them, these are no longer in production sadly.

Well I use the ones below the Control 10 the Control 5 is that two steps below because there’s a (Control 5 plus), there are some good Control series models to chose from, also I have Control 1, so yes, I’m a Control freak.:D

timc
01-07-2008, 02:22 AM
Hi.

Welcome to the forum :)

Can't help you with your Control question......

-Tim

jackgiff
01-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Its good to see you here at the Lansing Heritage forum.

If you try to get unruly here, you will get slapped down. So just go with the flow and enjoy.

:applaud:

grumpy
01-07-2008, 03:02 PM
haven't heard 'em. Do note in the tech manual (pdf) that there is at least a slight
error in labeling the drivers in the schematic (block diagram appears OK).

L.F. is -not- 037Ti
H.F. is -not- 119HS-1
(they're swapped in the schematic)

I'd be wary of other errors, but the crossover appears well thought out (less cheap than
many) and that's a pretty nice tweeter. I expect it would make for a nice sounding
portable package.

-grumpy

richluvsound
01-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Welcome Spaceman,

if my memory serves me well you have a fine sounding speaker. I first heard them in 1987. It was just another reason for me to fall in love with the JBL sound.
Stick around , this forum is a blast. Great and knowledgeable people full of enthusiasm for "The Mighty JBL"

Rich

spaceman
01-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Thanx for the welcome, & chances are I won't REALLY get unruly. ;) As a little more info about me, I never really got into quality audio gear until a few years ago, mostly because I couldn't afford it, and my primary interest is in what's now called vintage. I never had anything made by Altec or JBL until pretty recently, when I picked up some very nice 811-B horns, with 808-8A drivers. :D Zilch was kind enough to help me out with info, and I picked up a Behringer CX3400 active crossover, to bi-amp with the Altecs and some nice older ESS woofers. Let me tell ya, that setup REALLY works well, and I can't thank Zilch enough. :applaud: Then I saw these Control 10s on craigslist, at a pretty much giveaway price, only about a week later, & had to get them. They were advertised as not fully functional, but I'm thinking/hoping it's just a matter of rebuilding the crossovers, as the drivers all look good from the exterior. BTW, the cabs & grilles are in excellent condition, just kinda dusty, so I'll be cleaning them up today. I'll keep you all updated, once I find the right allen wrench, lol, all mine seem to be metric. :p ;)