PDA

View Full Version : Good Ole' JBL!!!

Charley Rummel
03-07-2004, 12:02 AM
I'm Listening to (really loud) Aerosmith 'Sweet Emotions' at the moment (among other things); I'm getting blasted by the BEST!!!

Praise Jim Lansing!!

Regards,
Charley

ngccglp
03-07-2004, 03:45 AM
Yes Charley, there is a certain kind of synergy between the 70s rock music and JBL. It just sound right.
Which speaker are you using?

David

Charley Rummel
03-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Hi, ngccglp:

My system (the main one in my soundroom) is using two L65 Jubals for front left and right; an Altec 604C housed in an Electrovoice Regency enclosure for front center; two pairs of "Other Brand" systems for rear left and right, of which I've modified one pair for use of the 15" woofers, the other pair for reproducing the mid and high frequencies, together resulting in a great sound. (I'm not a big fan of the sub woofer concept, which I see as a marketing tactic to lower production costs).

All of this is driven by vacuum tubes, or valves, if you prefer. The power amps I'm using consist of a home brew pure class A biased for the L65's, A modified Bogen DB20 for the 604C, and an off-brand stereo tube power amp I found a few years ago and put my own "touches" into for the rear channels.

The pre-amps, mixer, etc. are mostly solid state.

regards,
Charley