View Full Version : new gear subcategories

louped garouv
01-03-2008, 11:25 AM
I like the new ones!

:D

should be nice, & maybe easier to search general gear topics this way

boputnam
01-03-2008, 11:44 AM
We are trying. There will be some subjective distinctions until we get things sorted. We may add some add'l bins, too. :)

richluvsound
01-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks Bo,
its great to see there is still respect and imagination here on the forum.

Rich

johnaec
01-03-2008, 06:43 PM
A huge KUDOS to whoever's spent all the time sorting through the threads and putting them into correct categories! :rockon2:

John

Mr. Widget
01-04-2008, 12:02 AM
A huge KUDOS to whoever's spent all the time sorting through the threads and putting them into correct categories! :rockon2:
It is all Bo... he obviously has too much time on his hands while waiting around in airports.;)

Widget

Hoerninger
01-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Thank you, Bo.
As far as I understand you are doing all this "on the fly".

SMKSoundPro
01-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Two words...

THANK YOU!:applaud:

SMK.

KromeDome
01-04-2008, 06:35 PM
:applaud:

Thanks for taking the time to do this, Bo.

I've moderated on more than a few forums in my day, and vBulletin can be a bear to work with at times. It is really appreciated.

Brian

boputnam
01-04-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm pleased it is finding fans! We all struggle with researching stuff - I thought this might make some of that easier. I have noticed over the past year that folk come 'round not just for JBL experience and knowlegde but for system ideas, too. That is pretty cool and we can make it more accessible.

Which brings me to an observation. Many thread titles are non-descript...
"Lookie what I found!!! :nutz:"
...giving no clue what the topic is. There are many threads on the same topic, but you cannot tell by the title. When we use the search function to research a topic(s), and allow the database to comb the post body (rather than just the thread title), "hits" are listed, but the title give no clue as to the relevance of the hits.

Can we try and modify our behavior, and include the topic in the title? Even if just with [brackets]...
"Lookie what I found!!! :nutz: [4345 with blue baffle]"
...? This would allow more effective searching by thread titles only (I think runs quicker) and makes screening search hits more effective.

:)

Krunchy
01-05-2008, 07:23 AM
For a while there I was wondering to myself "how come I never saw this category before, was this always here??:blink:

Thank you Bo, its a great idea and will definitely make it easier to access specific info without wondering through the maze for too long.
Woo Hoo! :homer::applaud:

scott fitlin
01-05-2008, 01:43 PM
I must agree with everyone, the new categories are keen thinking and fit our forum.

As always, kudos to Mr. Putnam!

:)

opimax
01-08-2008, 06:20 AM
thanks they are great. Reminds me i have contributed in a while , anybody else?

Mark