PDA

View Full Version : C-50 /S8R

PARA
12-23-2007, 02:06 PM
After searching the forum I was unable to find the answer to my query.......could someone please tell me what the sensitivity of the S8R system in the C50 cab is @ 1 metre.......I know that @ fifteen feet it is 82 db!
thanks
Para

Mr. Widget
12-23-2007, 02:59 PM
~94dB watt/meter

Realize that numbers like that are not particularly useful. You must realize that the frequency response is anything but linear so the output at 20Hz will be significantly less and the midband may a bit higher. Then there is the impedance... the LE15A is approximately a 10 ohm driver with a massive peak at fb or system resonance so comparing it with a 6 or 8 ohm system will...

Why do you need to know?

Widget

ratitifb
12-23-2007, 03:11 PM
thanks Mr. Widget ;)

PARA
12-23-2007, 09:38 PM
thanks mr widget for the explanation and sensitivity figure......my reason for inquiring is so that when I'm asked I can solidly answer.

phil:blink:

Mr. Widget
12-23-2007, 11:49 PM
....my reason for inquiring is so that when I'm asked I can solidly answer.That's a perfectly good reason... I felt compelled to ask though... it bothers me that so many people place so much importance and find so much comfort in simple answers for complex issues... and then there is the whole apples and oranges thing... i.e. a sensitivity rating from EV may not really be comparable with one from Altec.

Widget

PARA
12-24-2007, 04:45 PM
ACTUALLY,THE REAL REASON BEHIND THE SENSITIVITY ISSUE IS NOT ONLY FOR ME TO KNOW BUT HAS TO DO WITH THE PURCHASE OF DIFFERENT TUBE AMPS AND THAT QUESTION HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION REGARDING POWER LEVELS SOUGHT AFTER IN THE AMPS I AM LOOKING TO GET INTO.
BY NO MEANS WAS I INTENDING JUST TO HUMOR YOU WITH MY ANSWER (LOL), I'VE BEEN DABBLING WITH HI FI FOR FORTY YEARS AND STILL DON'T FOLLOW YOU GUYS ALL THE WAY WHEN YOU SPEAK IN TECHNICAL TERMS AND EXPLANATIONS(I WISHED I DID).
ALL I KNOW FOR SURE,IS THAT WHEN I HEAR SOMETHING,I EITHER LIKE IT OR I DON'T AND THIS THE ONLY THING I CAN RELY ON, WHEN IT COMES TO SOUND REPRODUCTION FOR ME.
"THIS IS JUST MY OPINION,I COULD BE WRONG"

THANKS WIDGET
PHIL:blink: