PDA

View Full Version : JBL model LX11 ??????need info fast

bookasan
03-04-2004, 08:11 PM
I just came across a JBL Model LX11 speaker (only 1 , not a pair).
It looks like a round end table with a hinged bi-fold door that opens to reveal the grill cloth. I turned it upside down and saw an L-pad that looked similiar to the Aquarius IV's I used to have (about the same size with a single control).
I can't find any info on this model (what drivers, value, etc....).
I found it at a thrift store just as the store was closing and he asking $200 for it.
Anybody have any info???

Don McRitchie
03-04-2004, 09:01 PM
LX11 is the model number of a JBL cross-over recommended for use with an LE10A and LE20. I'm pretty sure that what you saw was not a JBL factory speaker, but rather a custom built system. $200 seems high for a single speaker for which you are unlikely to ever find a mate.

bookasan
03-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the Info Don.
I am going to go back and have him open it up so I can take a look inside.
I found a really nice pair of mint Calrad duplex speakers from this same guy a while back that were inside some old homebrew cabinets.

bookasan
03-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Well, I had the guy pop it open.
It has a D123, but it also has what looks like a driver attached to the front of the D123. I couldn't tell what model the high end driver was because he would have had to take it apart.
I do know it was also JBL by looking at the construction of it.
It almost looks like it was about the size of an 077.
DARN, I wish he would have had the pair!
:banghead:
Would be interesting to have, but not as a single speaker.

Don C
03-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Did it look like the LE-12C shown on this page?
http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/jbl/catalogs/1976-comp/page3.jpg

bookasan
03-08-2004, 09:26 AM
No.
The tweeter driver was much larger.
It is possible that it wasn't actualy connected, but just muonted directly in front of the woofer.