PDA

View Full Version : lsr32

Valentin
03-03-2004, 04:51 PM
any one know if ther is a diferance in frequency betwen horisontal and vertical positioning.

In horisontal the woofer is in the same plane as your ear? is this beter

speakerdave
03-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Valentin
a diferance in frequency betwen horisontal and vertical positioning.
I'm not sure what you are asking. Difference in sound? Imaging?

I haven't tried them in that postion, but I plan to use them that way after I get my subwoofer cabinets built.

It's a question of arranging the drivers in a vertical stack or a cluster. I assume you know the panel with the midrange and tweeter can be rotated. That means you can keep the tweeter and midrange in a vertical stack with either orientation. With the woofer crossing over at 250 Hz to the mid-range I really don't think it's going to make that much difference in the imaging. At closer listening distances I would expect the clustered drivers/horizontal orientation to be slightly more coherent.

I'd be interested to know what you think if you try it.

David

boputnam
03-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Valentin
1) if ther is a diferance in frequency betwen horisontal and vertical positioning.

2) In horisontal the woofer is in the same plane as your ear? is this beter

1) No. It is merely a matter of alignment, and the ability to optimize it for your listening environment. Improves imaging.

2) The woofer is only in the "same plane" if you are sitting/standing at the same height as the woofer. These can be laid on their side / mounted horizontally as near-field monitors for mix-down purposes. In general, imaging is better if the transducers and your head are aligned, and close - you get better imaging and definition (fewer reflections from boundary surfaces (walls, windows, etc.)). The only exception is VLF, which is omnidirectional.

Is this your question?

Valentin
03-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Thanks you have anserd my question