PDA

View Full Version : Decade 36's (and possible heresy)

PaulB
11-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Just installed the replacement 125As I got from Seawolf (thanks again) and although this is probably old hat to many of you...boy these are sweet speakers. Great full, balanced sound, superb bass. These are now the fifth set of JBLs I've owned and I don't understand how JBL hasn't remained THE speaker manufacturer but...

So, the cabinets are OK... probably a 7 but I'm neurotic. There's an area of water damage on one and some scratches that probably won't sand out all the way. I'm thinkinggggggggggggggg (just thinking mind you) of ummmmm.... finishing them in black, as well as replacing the grille cloth to match. :o:

Anyway, for small floor/large bookshelf units these things rock.

SEAWOLF97
11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Just installed the replacement 125As I got from Seawolf (thanks again) and although this is probably old hat to many of you...boy these are sweet speakers. Great full, balanced sound, superb bass. These are now the fifth set of JBLs I've owned and I don't understand how JBL hasn't remained THE speaker manufacturer but...

So, the cabinets are OK... probably a 7 but I'm neurotic. There's an area of water damage on one and some scratches that probably won't sand out all the way. I'm thinkinggggggggggggggg (just thinking mind you) of ummmmm.... finishing them in black, as well as replacing the grille cloth to match. :o:

Anyway, for small floor/large bookshelf units these things rock.

Paul-
Glad they worked out...b4 going the black route, check the forum. There are a couple of great tutorial threads on DIY re-veneering.