PDA

View Full Version : What a great place!

Vintage Nut
11-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Howdy! I've been reading through some of the threads here on this forum over the past several months, trying to educate myself on JBL-related material. This forum has provided a lot of good information and is by far the best place I've found on the internet for such research.

Anyway, I've owned a pair of 120Ti speakers since 1991. They've been powered by a Sony STR-GX60ES that was purchased at the same time (at Standard Audio in Salt Lake City, which is now out of business, I believe). The Sony still works, though with a few quirks, but the JBLs are still flawless. I have had the woofers re-foamed once by Orange County Speaker, who did a great job. The 120Ti acquisition stands as, perhaps, the best purchase I have ever made. But don't mention that to my wife or she may return the ring.

Recently, I've moved the 120s out of the living room (bad acoustics and lots of kids running around) and have purchased some L-series from JBL. I got a good deal on them through their remanufactured liquidation program on ebay. The L830s I have are quite impressive, though not quite on par with the 120s. But, I bought the L830s for general, everyday use with the big-screen TV (not yet picked out), etc. They will be powered by an Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver. The 120s are now in my bedroom where they are safer and can enjoy better acoustics.

I'd really like to have a good pair of 250Tis and maybe a Pioneer Spec 2 for a solid, simplified 2-channel bliss system . . . someday.

Well, I don't want to bore you guys too much; just wanted to drop a note to say "thanks" for the information. I'll probably be hanging out a bit on here and may even try to contribute a little, though it appears most of you are better informed on the subject of audio than am I.

Titanium Dome
11-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi Village Nut.

Glad to see you posting on your 120Tis, your new L830s, and your plans for the future (250Ti).

Some day that dream will become reality. (Probably after the kids leave. ;) )

brutal
11-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Welcome!

Did you post your 120Ti serial numbers in the registry thread?

I lusted after a pair of 250Ti's for 20 years before the right deal and disposable cash came along. Life's little obligations always kept me at arms length until just recently. Keep dreaming and good luck.

Vintage Nut
11-15-2007, 10:57 AM
120Tis now registered in the thread. :)