PDA

View Full Version : 2245H surrounds

lgvenable
11-12-2007, 09:17 PM
I recieved some surrounds for 2245H's, and on the surround each one has about 3/8" on the inner side of the surround that attaches to the back of the cone, and about 7/16 on the side that attaches to the frame. These were from Orange County Speaker, and appear to be about 1/8" short of reaching as far down on the cone as the OEM foam surrounds. has anyone got a lead on OEM foam surrounds or has anyone seen this. You can get them to fit, its just that you have to be careful since it seems you have 3/16 attached to the cones after they are centered.

Mu experience on several re-surround with looneytunes 2001 (eBay) is that EVERY surround fit really well. Include that OCS forgot to ship me the extra bottle of glue and the extra 8 paper backed foam rings to trim the speaker with, and it makes for a very irritating and incompetent way to ship things. (I ordered 2 sets of 2 for 114.00 and change, and got the accessories for 1 set of 2.)

Larry

Allanvh5150
11-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi Larry,
I think the "looneytunes" that you refer to is Rick Cobb down in Florida. His kits are always perfect when compared to the originals. I always order from him and have never had a problem with his kits. I am not sure about the "Orange" kits and I am not sure if the slight mismatch will be a problem for you. 1/8 is 1/3 of the adhesive strength. With a speaker of that size and excursion, i think it could be a long term problem if you play them hard.

Allan.