PDA

View Full Version : Noob .... need L65 Grills

catseye
11-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I just picked up a beautiful set of L65 Jubals (like I had back in '76), but they have no grills. Anyone got any tips/leads on fabricating a pair? Thanks in advance

speakerdave
11-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I just picked up a beautiful set of L65 Jubals (like I had back in '76), but they have no grills. Anyone got any tips/leads on fabricating a pair? Thanks in advance

You should be able to buy them. The L65 is often parted out, the L55 even more so, and they share the same grille frame. Watch ebay for them and for sellers of parts of these speakers. LE14A's, for example, very often have been pulled from some L55's. I would email the seller and ask.

David

catseye
11-12-2007, 08:27 PM
You should be able to buy them. The L65 is often parted out, the L55 even more so, and they share the same grille frame. Watch ebay for them and for sellers of parts of these speakers. LE14A's, for example, very often have been pulled from some L55's. I would email the seller and ask.

David
Thanks, David. I forgot all about the L55's .....

jblwolf
11-12-2007, 09:10 PM
What were you looking to pay for a set,I may have a lead on a set.source doesnt have computer.

catseye
11-13-2007, 07:51 AM
What were you looking to pay for a set,I may have a lead on a set.source doesnt have computer.
I saw a pair in decent shape go on Ebay last week for $57 + shipping I guess that's my current reference point ...

vettedrummer
11-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Catseye, I got the grills boxed for you in the actual box that JBL used to ship them in. The ones your getting are the orange ones. The brown ones I spoke of just didn't look right. They appear to have a slight bow to them along with a few very small holes and I didn't want to send you something like that. Someplace along the line I had picked up two sets of new Jubal grills still in their boxes. One in blue and one in the redish orange color that JBL used. No, your not getting brand new grills! Yours are a set I picked up before I got the two new sets. After I retire next fall I have a set of (UPSished) L-65 that I plan to redo perhaps with a stone top instead of the glass and one new set will go to that project and the other one will go on my Jubals. (They need to be refreshed as well ) I got your address information and I will let you know total cost by phone. Cheers, Frank