PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Nettles, WOW!!!

oznob
11-10-2007, 07:31 PM
This doesn't happen to me very often where a musical performance stops me in my tracks, especially when it comes to "Country Music!" I just happened to be watching the CMA's when a duo named Sugarland performed. Well, Jennifer Nettles gave one of the best, most emotional and heart felt performances I have ever seen or heard! The female vocalist of the year, Amercan Idol's own Carrie Underwood, can't carry Jennifer's shorts! That girl can sing!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1z-UP-ynDc

Audiobeer
11-10-2007, 11:01 PM
I can't take her twang. My wifes a big fan of Country and as a result I get to hear a lot of Twangy Sugarland. But I agree with you, she did give one hell of a performance.

Steve Schell
11-11-2007, 12:12 PM
JN twanged (twung?) a little harder in that performance than in most of her other stuff. I happened onto Sugarland a few weeks ago and was knocked out by Nettles' fine singing and the strength of most of their material.

Rusnzha
11-11-2007, 06:21 PM
When I first got here from NYC, the twang factor of the locals was huge. It's not something they were trying to do, it's just how they talk here. After 12 years here, I don't even notice it, they sound regular to me now.

Audiobeer
11-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Most of America is in love with her. That was the first performance that she did that struck me as moving. I'm always impressed when a singing artist can pull off a strong vocal performance with only a guitar to carry them. Nothing to cover any mistakes they make.

oznob
11-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Most of America is in love with her. That was the first performance that she did that struck me as moving. I'm always impressed when a singing artist can pull off a strong vocal performance with only a guitar to carry them. Nothing to cover any mistakes they make.

My thoughts exactly Beer. She belted out that song in front of the toughest crowd there is, her peers, and she nailed it! I believe she got the first standing "O" of the night which was well deserved! She has great sustain, excellent vibrato, and knows how to work the mic. I am definately not a "Country Music" fan but I can appreciate a good musician and great performance when I hear one.

macaroonie
11-17-2007, 07:34 PM
When I first got here from NYC, the twang factor of the locals was huge. It's not something they were trying to do, it's just how they talk here. After 12 years here, I don't even notice it, they sound regular to me now.
You should hear yourself now----- eeeeeeeeeeeeeee---Ha