PDA

View Full Version : Mark, we wish you a speed recovery

Ian Mackenzie
11-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I just got word that Passadena ( Mark ) had an accident with a chainsaw yesterday and has a deep cut above the left knee.

He was dashed to Emergency late yesterday and came home about 2.00 am this morning (WA Aust time)

From what we know there will be no permanent damage but Mark will be out of action for a while.

Most will know Mark from his posts about his much loved XPL 200's.

Mark, From all of us at Lansing Heritage Forums we wish you a speedy recovery.

Ian

grumpy
11-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Hoping they properly cleaned out the wound and put you back together right. Heal fast & well. -grumpy

Titanium Dome
11-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Got a PM from Mark. Spirits are good, prognosis is positive. Now he'll get some rest.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :bouncy:

Robh3606
11-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Glad your are OK Mark. You are one lucky guy. Hope all heals well and true.

Rob:)

SEAWOLF97
11-06-2007, 07:43 AM
I nearly did the same thing about 20 years ago. Was felling a tree, it started to come back at me, so pulled the saw out (the experts say "leave it - a bar is cheaper than a leg" ) and it ripped across my left leg , but only tore up the jeans. I sat there shaking for about 10 minutes.

I feel your pain, guy ...REALLY hope you recover OK.

TOM

edgewound
11-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Wow, Mark...

Just the thought of a chainsaw injury freaks me out.

Glad you're not permanently maimed, and you heal up quick...take care.

Earl K
11-06-2007, 10:25 AM
All the best Mark !

- Chainsaws give me the willies .

:)

scott fitlin
11-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Mark, heres to your well being, and a speedy recovery.

:D

JBLnsince1959
11-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Damn!!!!

all the best Mark...hope you heal fast..

take care

pasadena
11-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for all the kind wishes and regards, deeply thankful.

I've managed to get my laptop hooked up to the internet via wireless so at least I can communicate out to the big bad world from my bed. :D

I think I would have to consider myself extremely lucky that no further damage was inflcited. I cannot start to think how worse it could have been. I could have easily have lost my leg but I'm thankful it wasn''t so bad in the end.

Some may find this debatable but I think wearing shorts and not having jeans or pants on actually saved me from a worse outcome. I think if I had some pants on and I hit my leg with the same force as I did the other day, I think the jeans would have gotten caught in the chainsaw even more and would have pulled the chainsaw further into my leg causing far greater damage.

I'm just counting my lucky stars I didn't damage any muscle or tendons and hopefully in about 2 weeks I'll be somewhat walking again.

It all happened so quick and I looked at my leg thinking #$%$#@^. What have I done. I looked at the cuts and it looked like one of those big mountain cats took a big swipe across my leg. There were some long deep cuts and some smaller ones but they were all clean cuts and very lucky it didn't get minced up. Sorry for the gory ramblings ;)

I just walked to the back door of my Father in-laws where I was cutting down a fallen tree and told my wife what happened to me and told her we had to go to hospital straight away. Funny thing is that I was ok and took it calmly but everyone else was freaking out. I think you tend to worry more about how other people react because you know you're going to get mixed reactions and emotions from "Oh my God, are you alright" to "What the hell were you thinking about....are you stupid."

Is anyone in their mind, rightfully crazy for using a chainsaw? Hmmmm! :p

Anyone, including me, if being told that someone got injured with a Chainsaw, you only think of the worse and what damage it would inflict. I was on adrenelin for a while so the pain din;t really get to my but once I got to emergency they gave my some stuff to keep me from squeeling. :blink:

I was extremely lucky to get away with what I did. To feel the pain with such an injury makes me cringe just thinking about those people who have been attacked by a chainsaw and either died or survived. Bad Bad Bad.

I should have taken a photo of the injury so I can post it for all to see but I suppose I never thought about it at the time. Maybe just as well.

The worse part is, I'd done all the hard parts cutting up all the big branches and limbs and is was just finishing up cutting up all the little branches and leaves so my Father in-law wouldn't have to do any extra cutting any more stuff and easy to get in the bin. I think in the end I just underestimated the weight of the chainsaw when dropping it down and let it swing too far this time and it then clipped me. Stupid me.....I think I was getting too Blasé. I should have stopped when I was going to. God....what is it about men that they just have to keep going that little bit more.....just a bit more....almost done......I can squeeze in a bit more........Ahhhh. Idiot. Next time I'll listen to my instincts. Huh!!!! :banghead:

Anyway, Thanks to Ian for posting a get well for me. Can't bend my leg for a few days so no getting out of bed or doing anything. Frustrating. I've got a house to paint at the end of the week. Arrrrrgh!!! What bad timing. Oh well.....will just have to watch some soapies on TV or something.

Many thanks again and hope to recover very soon.

Cheers
Mark.

P.S Oh and BTW, I'm hoping to finish chopping up the tree with the chainsaw in a couple of weeks. :D What...you think I'm mad....Nahhh!!!!

4313B
11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
It's good to hear from you. :)

boputnam
11-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I'd done all the hard parts cutting up all the big branches and limbs and ... was just finishing up cutting up all the little branches and leaves so my Father in-law wouldn't have to do any extra cutting ...That is a great sentiment - likely shared by many of us.

Next time, just don't let your focus tire! :)

godspeed on recovery, and of-course, keep the chainsaw at-hand - tools are merely tools, afterall... :o:

timc
11-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery:)

DavidF
11-10-2007, 07:16 PM
"I just got word that Passadena ( Mark ) had an accident with a chainsaw yesterday and has a deep cut above the left knee. "...
Ian

Arrrrghhh! No one should have to experience that. Best wishes, Mark.

Davidf

Ian Mackenzie
11-10-2007, 07:25 PM
I hope to have something to make Mark smile sooooooon!

Ian

Rolf
11-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Hi. Good to hear that you are ok. I have followed this thread, waiting to hear from the man i question. Get out of bed as soon as you can. If the wound grow to much in lying? (bed position) the mussels can grow in a wrong way. And ... next time ... use the special jeans and all other equipment like helms etc when using a chain saw. I always do.

You was lucky this time, thank god. I know people who have died in the forest in such accidents.

briang
11-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Mark,

I hope you are healing well.

Get well soon.

Regards,

Brian G.