PDA

View Full Version : My View of the OC Fire

toddalin
10-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Snapped this from my front yard last Sunday night. Fire was at about 1/2 mile but still lit up the interior of the house. Sorry about the poor quality.
http://www.largescaleonline.com/eimages/lsolpics/Team_Member_Pics/toddalin/fire.jpg

Rolf
10-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Wow.! I am so glad you and your family got away with this. It was (is) terrible to watch the horror and destruction regarding this kind of fire.

Here where I live the possibility for this is very low.

scott fitlin
10-28-2007, 07:57 AM
WOW, what a terrible sight to behold at such close proximity.

Im truly grateful you and your family got through it OK and your home and possesions were spared!

:D

Thom
10-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Hard to believe some of them were arson. Those Santa Anas are wierd any way. Sort of like being in a large hair drier.

Krunchy
10-28-2007, 01:40 PM
That's some scary stuff, gives me the willies. I'll take an earthquake anytime over that caliber fire.
Unfortunate any way you slice it.

JBL 4645
10-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Snapped this from my front yard last Sunday night. Fire was at about 1/2 mile but still lit up the interior of the house. Sorry about the poor quality.
http://www.largescaleonline.com/eimages/lsolpics/Team_Member_Pics/toddalin/fire.jpg

Picture says a thousand words. I can feel the heat of that picture.

I think it was two years ago there was a bunch of kiddies going around the outer parts of Bournemouth starting fires in woodlands that where near to some homes, fortunate the fire was put out, some five units where called in the damage was estimated around a £1 million, but don’t quote me on that, the trees where all gone and it would take 20 years for new ones to grow to fullness.

They also burnt down field near Kingson me and friend where driving around the area when we saw smoke pouring over the field, we thought it was some moron in the back garden, the fire was so close to homes as well! Not sure if the little bastards where ever caught.

Hard to believe some of them were arson. Those Santa Anas are wierd any way. Sort of like being in a large hair drier.

If the arsonists are caught I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s half of Californians forming a lynch mob to grab these bastards.:biting:

richluvsound
10-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Beautiful image..... Best wishes to your family and friends.

good luck with the aftermath.

a well wishing Brit, Rich