PDA

View Full Version : jbl pro coaxials ID?

mesickmoose
10-25-2007, 01:05 AM
hope the pics aren't too big. Thats a 2420 HF Driver on the back of them. Nothing to ID the woofer. Anyone seen one of these before? This think weighs a gazillion pounds.

hjames
10-25-2007, 02:35 AM
Weren't some of the UREI drivers made from JBL units ...

Its not this unit, but seems similar ...
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=187181&postcount=18

hope the pics aren't too big. Thats a 2420 HF Driver on the back of them. Nothing to ID the woofer. Anyone seen one of these before? This think weighs a gazillion pounds.

Robh3606
10-25-2007, 04:57 AM
Looks like a PAS?? coax using a JBL compression driver.

Rob:)

johnaec
10-25-2007, 07:14 AM
The LF section looks like either Gauss or ElectroVoice...

John

edgewound
10-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Looks like a PAS?? coax using a JBL compression driver.

Rob:)

Right'o , Rob

It's a PAS CX-1580.

These were the OEM LF drivers in the UREI monitors for a time.

Also in PAS-T.O.C. systems and raw frame for custom systems, too.

Pretty good stuff, though not as "pretty" as JBL...but then again....what is?

mesickmoose
10-25-2007, 10:18 AM
excellent work...based on your assistance have found some PAS TOC information that makes a lot of sense.

I have four of these that will eventually be liquidated.

If anyone has interrest here on the site, pm me. Otherwise they will most likely make their way to Ebay in the near future.

In appreciation for your great minds and speedy assistance today, the Moose has pooped out a well deserved donation to the LHForums. This is an incredible site. It also is getting a lot of attention out there on the market. It is the place to go for JBL.

One last note that if you are close to Grand Rapids I have a pair of UREI studio monitor cabinets, minus all guts, that a pair of these would look nice in. I also have a pair of C-38 cabs, amputated, that would also look nice with a pair of these in them, not sure how it would sound, but would guess fairly decent.

mesickmoose
11-15-2007, 11:13 PM
has a pair listed individually on ebay. not mine, and i thought I had the only ones.