PDA

View Full Version : 250Ti Bi-amping

Andyoz
10-23-2007, 07:47 AM
I plan to experimmt with bi-amping my 250Ti's. Will use a Bryston 4B SST for the woofer and 3B ST for the rest.

In addition, for my work I need to buy a DSP loudspeaker processor to provide crossover and parametric eq functions to bi-amp some 2-way EAW JFX590's. This rig will only be used a few times a year. The obvious choice for that use is the dbx Driverack 260.

If I can buy a unit that will serve both my home and work functions, I'm prepared to pay decent money for it. Does anyone have any suggestiosn for 1U high DSP units from brands other than dbx but have a similar function set as the dbx 260.

Andyoz
10-27-2007, 10:16 AM
No real action here?

Anyway, I'm currently looking carefully at the BSS FDS 336. I may be able to get a good deal on a second hand one.

opimax
10-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Hate to see a lonely 250 thread Andy so i will chip in here Andy :applaud:

I have only biamped using the internal XO, I used 2 Adcom gfa 555 which do not have gain controls for them so I couldn't adjust the levels. I didn't like that so I bridged each amp and put 1 on each speaker, that was better. I did it again while playing around using a Perreaux on the bottom end with gain controls , that I liked. I am now negotiating for a 2nd of the same model Perreaux to permanently biamp using the internal XO

I have never heard of any of the other equipment listed so I can't comment to them :(

Mark