PDA

View Full Version : Lights,Action, JBL???

RIGGED
10-19-2007, 05:55 PM
I just opened a pair of JBL Control 25's I won on Ebay. Aside from them taking a lot of volume(11 O'clock) to play, through their front ports I noticed a light moving to the beat. Upon removing the rear connector plate, I noticed a pair of glass fuses. I turned them up and sure enough, the fuses resembled the electric heater in my garage. Is this normal?

Thanks,

RIGGED

mikey3117
10-19-2007, 07:22 PM
I just opened a pair of JBL Control 25's I won on Ebay. Aside from them taking a lot of volume(11 O'clock) to play, through their front ports I noticed a light moving to the beat. Upon removing the rear connector plate, I noticed a pair of glass fuses. I turned them up and sure enough, the fuses resembled the electric heater in my garage. Is this normal?

Thanks,

RIGGED

I believe it is normal! I think my Realistic Mach 2's had the same bulb type protection on the crossover...

RIGGED
10-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Thing is, they sound like crap-the bass is no more and the treble sounds waay too prounounced. I just hooked one up on my patio next to a Dual brand speaker which sounded normal and the Control 25 hissed much like a snake. Something isn't right.

RIGGED

short_circutz
12-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Thing is, they sound like crap-the bass is no more and the treble sounds waay too prounounced. I just hooked one up on my patio next to a Dual brand speaker which sounded normal and the Control 25 hissed much like a snake. Something isn't right.

RIGGED
Sounds like the woofers are done for.

just4kinks
12-05-2007, 11:10 PM
I think it normally takes a lot of power before they light up. Something is wrong if it doesn't get loud.

timc
12-06-2007, 02:49 AM
Sound like your speakers is broken :(

No bass from JBL just ain't right :dont-know

-Tim

JBL 4645
12-06-2007, 09:31 AM
RIGGED

I used to drive my JBL Control 5 fairy hard in the past, but I prefer to play them at a modest listening level with a maximum peak of 100 to 105dbc depending on the dynamics of the soundtracks that I play.

Have you pushed on the bass mid driver, place your fingers on the bass mid driver and push down, (gently) if you can hear a rough rubbing sound! It could only mean the bass mid driver has been damaged.

Hope you resolve the problem and get the JBL Control 25 up and running soon.

RIGGED
01-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to reply fellas, I don't get online all that much these days. It turns out the dude who sold them to me was very understanding and gave me a full refund. I think he knew something was up cause he asked me what I thought they were worth as is. I was like, dude, just give me my refund. He did and I ended up buying another pair and they sound great! I then went on to buy a pair of Control 28s, I have JBLidis. lol

Thanks for the input dudes.

RIGGED