PDA

View Full Version : He scores !!!!!!!!!!! L36 !

dllyons
10-19-2007, 04:32 PM
After badgering a friend of mine for several years, he finally broke down and sold me his L36's that I had actually helped him buy new, almost 30 years ago ! Yah ! :bouncy:
He even still had the original factory shipping boxes.
He even still had the original tags dangling from the grill mounting posts that declared, "Enclosure Material All exposed panels are high density particle board. Side panels are laminated with hardwood veneer. 50695"
BUT .... he didn't have the original owners manuals !! can ya believe it ?

Other than that, it was kinda like, they just rolled out of the showroom floor. :)

Of course, as soon as I hooked them up to my trusty ol' Marantz 2325 and kicked up the juice, the original foam surrounds started disintegrating and blowing all over my stereo room. But, that was expected.
So, I'm one happy camper securing these babies for my vintage JBL collection. Now to get these thangs fixed up with new surrounds........
got any ideas ?
How about copies of the original owners manuals ?

LRBacon
10-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Try Rick Cobb, eBay ID looneytune2001, for your 125A surrounds. Kit comes with two surrounds, bottle of glue and CD with 30 Hz alignment tone. Oh, yes and detailed instructions.
Have fun.

Larry

dllyons
10-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I had already ordered surrounds from another store that claimed they had JBL approved surrounds, but looneytunes sounds very familiar ... I think I might have bought my last set of surrounds from him.
I've still got to obtain owners manuals, or at least good copies of them. My L100 manuals are copies, but very well made ones that are hard to distinguish from originals.

MJC
10-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Go to jbl.com, product support, L36, owners manual download

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Owner%27s%20Manual/L36om.pdf

I was just looking at the manual, looking for the year the L36 were first available, but I didn't see it listed anywhere in the manual, which is kinda unusual.

dllyons
10-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the tip MJC. I looked at it ..... it works, but it's not one of the best scans I've ever seen. But ........... It'll keep me going until I come up with a real one. :)

SEAWOLF97
11-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Go to jbl.com, product support, L36, owners manual download

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Owner%27s%20Manual/L36om.pdf

I was just looking at the manual, looking for the year the L36 were first available, but I didn't see it listed anywhere in the manual, which is kinda unusual.

according to my bluebook, they were made 74-78

dllyons
11-03-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm entirely grateful to HJAMES for providing me with an original, real-deal, Owners Manual for these little beasts !

Hat's off to her !!!!!!!!! :applaud:
thank you much !!!!!!

bigyank
11-03-2007, 09:32 AM
The fit and finish of his kits are great. I used his kits to fix a pair of L-46's and Control 5 surrounds. :)

Yank

Wardsweb
11-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Nice little speakers. I use a pair in my office system at work.

http://wardsweb.org/misc/office110107.jpg

4313B
11-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Very nice!