PDA

View Full Version : 2240H recone with E155-8 kit

terryblulite
10-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Greetings from the flatlands! Only a post or 2 from me,but LOT'S of lurkin' and reading in library.I know there's a lot of info on this conversion.I think I've read all I can find in the archives.Here goes.....
I have a single 2240H with an open voice coil,purchased a few years ago for 30 bucks.I wish to have it reconed with the E155-8 kit(# CR8E155) for bass guitar.I emailed Wizard's Electronic and Speaker Repair here in central Kansas,they say the kit is backordered till Jan 08.
Is it best to wait,or is there an E155-8 kit available somewhere?Or is there a suitable driver out there for sale ready to install?
I don't do epay.I'd prefer to deal with a factory auth. repair center.I'm not fishin'for a lowball price-I'm ready now:banghead:!!!
I'm putting this in an existing 9.6 cu ft (inside rough measurement)enclosure I have.Don't be surprised if I'm back with questions about tuning the duct once I have the driver ready and have the exact volume.I've ordered a couple new pieces of gear,and this is my "lastest,greatest kickbutt bass rig" Retired now,so this one may pull double duty as the vibrator unit for the lazyboy!
After all that- Any E155-8 kits at your repair center? Or a ready-to-go driver? Thanks,Terry

John W
10-17-2007, 02:28 PM
These E155's have been posted on the Seattle Craigslist for a while now.
I don't think he is getting any local response, so may be willing to ship.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ele/451296900.html

terryblulite
10-17-2007, 03:34 PM
mmmm.. looks interesting,thanks!I would prefer to do business with a business,tho.Call me old-fashioned....I'm just kinda leary...unless someone here knows him.

subwoof
10-17-2007, 07:01 PM
I have a used 155 cone that was pulled from a frame so I could make a set of 2245's a few years ago. It is in ex condition and any competent reconer can install it for you. I can even supply a shim.

The only thing he would have to supply is glue and a dustcap since removing this one will destroy it.

50 bux + 10 shipping and it's yours.

sub

Hmmm...now that I think about it, I need to see if it's a 4 or an 8...I will edit in the AM.

terryblulite
10-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Looks like I've got some good leads-things are beginning to happen!

Thom
10-19-2007, 07:28 AM
I have a brand new, never been unbolted from the board it was shipped on, K151 that I don't need as badly as I thought I did.

terryblulite
10-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Got a good candidate on the way! I should find out about another this weekend.So far,I shouldn't think about looking at any more drivers.These things are kinda like rabbits........

terryblulite
10-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Drivers and a cone on the way.Decided the E155-4 was the way to go.Thanks to all who posted here,and PM'd suggestions and leads.Really lookin' forward to this project.... Terry