louped garouv
10-05-2007, 10:45 AM
this is kind of funny....
:)

notice his sign?

00Robin
10-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Actually it is. Very. But is it recent?
Why should I ask? I see Dukakis bumper stickers still tooling the stretches of pot holes around here. Michigan roads are such patched up crap jobs everywhere. Wyoming and Montana's are perfect. I never knew until I came here. :blah:

Audiobeer
10-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Trucks, salt, snow make for terrible road conditions in Michigan & Minnesota. Pot holes out the Wazoo!

00Robin
10-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Trucks, salt, snow make for terrible road conditions in Michigan & Minnesota. Pot holes out the Wazoo!

Yup. And I made the FATAL mistake of selling my 1970 Ford slant 6 3 on the tree with rocketship cablights and baby moon hubs right before I moved to keep Daddy's Caddy when he died. I got that truck 17 years ago from the original owner. Never was out of the garage,never been down a dirt road and never hauled anything in the box. Still had the original title and selling papers. It was a whopping $1150 new. I paid $1400 and I sold it for $1500. Never did a thing to it but 4 new tires and a new lighter and a battery. It started up to 38 below. If it went to 39 below you had to wait until 35 below to start it. That only happened once. It had 78,000 miles on it when I sold it. No kidding. It had No power steering and the wheel was SO big,I had defined muscles in my arms and legs from turning the wheel and holding in the clutch at long lights. Parallel parking was one of my greatest feats.
Daddy said it was "the bald eagle model" kidded me he had to order the passenger armrest. Well, maybe true but it had one of those "out west" custom diamond plate aluminum bumpers and I put dual wide mud flaps from CY in Casper,Wyoming on it. Mounted them way underneath welded on a bar. They swirled out like a skirt when you drove it. It had such style,blue with a white cab that anywhere I went,everyone knew where I was. Not a good truck to be sliding around unnoticed in.
I put it on the corner with the for sale sign. Daddy said "no one's gonna want that piece of junk"....first time Daddy was wrong,but he was so sick,I didn't tell him. The first phone call came,laid the cash in my hand,wrote the bill of sale and gave me an extra hun to get to my parents for Easter. I bawled like a baby telling him all its little tricks and things. He only drove it around the block once. Said it was his dream to find a 1970 with baby moons all perfect. Not a ding or a speck of rust. I cried and hiccoughed and looked like an asteroid face all weekend from crying my eyes out. I get REAL attached to my trucks. Always have.

:banghead:SAND WORKS for roads. tell Michigan that. Fools.

louped garouv
10-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Actually it is. Very. But is it recent?
Why should I ask? I see Dukakis bumper stickers still tooling the stretches of pot holes around here. Michigan roads are such patched up crap jobs everywhere. Wyoming and Montana's are perfect. I never knew until I came here. :blah:

still on ebay i think, search "altec simplex"

colorado roads aren't the best, but seem to be better than many louisiana roads,

i guess the La. roads don't actually get the money, it normally ends up in someone's pockets....

;)

SMKSoundPro
10-07-2007, 11:04 PM
In Alaska, there are only two roads.

One in... and one to the Outside through Canada.

Lisa's father used to work for the government's "Department of Parallel Ruts" in the early 50's, before statehood.

He has some GReat stories.

Scott.